We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us! Part of a nation wide family of Continuing Care Retirement Communities is seeking a Dining Room Supervisor. This position is accountable for providing supervision and direction for the dining room wait staff in order to assure organized, efficient and pleasant dining for the residents. Additionally, this position is to facilitate the greeting and seating of residents as they enter the dining room for dinner. It is essential that this be done in a consistent fashion and in such a way that is sets a positive tone for the entire meal period.
In this role, the Dining Room Supervisor will:
- On assigned days performs supervisory functions including but not limited to facilitating seating arrangements, expediting flow of service, checking side duties and tables, responsible for gathering/setting up all catering functions in advance, opening and/or closing the facility, entering meal counts on a daily basis, sending the nightly recap daily and resolving resident problems and concerns.
- Participates in the orientation and training of new staff, and makes sure policies and procedures are being implemented by waitstaff, including offering advice and explaining corrective actions.
- Completes specific side duties before, during, and after meal service as indicated by station assignment or as Dining Room manager directs.
- Assists with special events and special meals as directed by DR manager.
- Handles food and equipment in accordance with correct sanitary procedures; comply with personal hygiene standards, health regulations, and safety guidelines.
- Is responsible for ensuring that all marketing materials are posted on time and that touch town(communication to the residents) is up to date and accurate on a daily basis.
- Reports equipment needs and supplies to supervisor.
- Ensures service and work areas are clean, safe, and orderly at all times. Notify dining room manager of any maintenance or upkeep of the dining room and service area that appear to be necessary.
- Re-stocks service areas and side stations with food and supplies as needed. Notifies DR manager if supplies are low.
- Promptly reports any hazardous conditions, equipment, accidents and incidents.
- Attends in-services as required by corporate, state and federal mandates.
- Maintains a highly professional image, observes facility dress code and wears identification badge at all times.
- Maintains positive and healthy relations with residents, employees, and other departments with which there would be contact.
- Understands, complies, and promotes all policies regarding residents' rights.
- Participates in performance reviews of fellow employees.
- Performs monthly department audits to ensure compliance with federal and state guidelines.
- Conducts required monthly departmental in services.
- Performs other related duties(working in other positions) as assigned in addition to lead responsibilities.
- Assists in ensuring a safe working environment throughout the facility for all employees.
- Assist in monitoring employee productivity and provides suggestions for increased service or productivity.
- Assists in the supervision of day-to-day activities of subordinates and assigns responsibility for specific work or functional activities.
- Applies knowledge of department policies and procedures and utilizes a general understanding of other departments' functions.
- Ability to effectively communicate policies and/or procedures in a manner easily understood by fellow employees.
- Checks out with DR manager on duty before going on your break and leaving at end of shift.
The ideal candidate will have:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Current ServSafe Certificate or will acquire one within three months of hire.
- Genuine desire to understand the needs of and work among a geriatric population.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and the ability to handle a variety of tasks and responsibilities in a professional and prompt manner.
- The ability to work without supervision and to work in close cooperation with others is essential.
- A minimum of three or more years of related work experience in dining service.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- A high degree of personal cleanliness and hygiene are required.
- Computer skills required in Microsoft office with the ability to work with different software program
For full time employees, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing program
- Pet Insurance
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
Covenant Retirement Communities and CovenantCare at Home are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Apply on company website