We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us! Making a difference in the lives of others – that's what working at Covenant Living Communities is all about. Our healthcare professionals have the opportunity each and every day to make a difference in the lives of older adults. From improving our residents' quality of life, to creating peace of mind for them and their families, our team members know that as a part of our community, they are changing lives. Covenant Retirement Communities, the nation's sixth-largest nonprofit senior living provider, is seeking qualified candidates for Registered Nurses (RNs) to help in fulfilling our common purpose: to create joy and peace of mind for our residents and their families by creating a better way of life. Join our organization, where teamwork, respect, and service is part of our everyday environment and build your health care career in a supportive, faith-based community. Positions are available in assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care.
This position to ensure that quality care is delivered through assessment and monitoring of staff performance, physician contact, care planning and daily resident assessment. This position also provides direct care to residents. All this is done according to nursing standards of practice, standard procedures, and established State and Federal regulations for skilled nursing facilities.
In this role, the Registered Nurse will:
- Provide routine daily direction and monitor the work of the LPNs and nursing assistants on the unit, assuring a high standard of nursing care and satisfactory completion of tasks.
- Assist in the orientation of new nursing personnel and reinforce training standards to maintain a high quality of care.
- Assist in motivating LPNs and CNAs assigned to the nursing unit.
- Provide explanation of nursing procedures and assistance to staff to assure ongoing understanding and training.
- Communicate on a regular basis with the Director of Nursing regarding assessments, observations, and suggestions of problem areas, resident and employee activities, concerns, needs, conditions, etc.
- Observe and evaluate residents' health, mental and emotional conditions and communicate significant changes to appropriate staff. When indicated is responsible for notifying the physician and family members according to prescribed procedures.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing.
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the State.
- One year nursing experience necessary.
- Devotion to standards and principles of professional nursing.
- Skill in assessing problems, planning and evaluating solutions in relationship to routine supervision of LPNs and nursing assistant and resident needs.
- Understanding, patience and tact in dealing with people.
- Must be tactful and possess excellent communication skills (written and verbal, English).
- Genuine compassion for senior adults and the disabled.
- Requires good human relation skills and the ability to monitor and direct the activities of others.
- Availability when necessary to work beyond normal working hours and in other related positions on a temporary basis; as well as availability on weekends and holidays, or on days and shifts other than those for which hired.
For full time employees, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing program
- Pet Insurance
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
Covenant Living and CovenantCare at Home are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Apply on company website