We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us! Part of a nation wide family of Continuing Care Retirement Communities is seeking a Resident Life Coordinator. The purpose of this position is to plan, coordinate, assist and implement a full life enrichment program and volunteer program, as well as maintaining and updating on-campus communication.
POSITION: Life Enrichment Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Healthcare Administrator
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Life Enrichment Supervisor is responsible for the planning and implementation of therapeutic activities for all residents. The Life Enrichment program is scheduled and carried out to meet the spiritual, emotional, cognitive, physical, social needs and interests of the residents. This position coordinates a comprehensive program for residents with memory loss to achieve their highest functional ability and quality of life according to their over all plan of care.
NATURE AND SCOPE
This position reports directly to the Healthcare Administrator and is independent in carrying out programming. In performance of duties the Life Enrichment Supervisor is entrusted with the following duties:
- Responsible for planning a comprehensive program that includes individual and group activities that meet the needs and interests of all residents.
- Plans and directs continuous therapeutic programing for persons with memory loss.
- Supervises volunteers helping with programs and on community outings.
- Provides one-to-one visits for residents who are not participating in group programs.
- Performs duties in a professional manner in compliance with the facility and Life Enrichment procedures.
- Maintains a safe and healthy environment for all residents, following all Minnesota Health Department regulations.
- Completes all required documentation:
- Complete assessments per MDS schedule.
- Formulate initial assessment.
- Record, document, and update in medical chart, goals and progress of assigned residents every 90 days and as needed.
- Attend Initial, Annual, Significant Change of Condition and Quarterly Resident Care Conferences, and Family Conferences.
- Maintains daily attendance records.
- Create and helps with program calendar and weekly activities sheets based upon LifeConnect's 8 dimensions of Wellness. Organize, coordinate and carry out neighborhood programs, outings and events. Maintain good communication with all departments.
- Participate as an active member of the Life Enrichment team at parties and special events.
- Attend and participate in Life Enrichment staff meetings, in-service training and special conferences.
- Keep current in Dementia Care and trends in the industry. Participate in outside workshops and seminars as recommended by supervisor; receive training and specialized knowledge from appropriate sources.
- Supervises other Life Enrichment staff at Colonial Acres.
- Conduct performance evaluations and disciplinary actions for all Life Enrichment staff.
- Assists in the development of the Life Enrichment budget.
- Attends campus operational meetings and any other meetings as required.
- Hires and disciplines Life Enrichment staff.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
CUSTOMER SERVICE PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS
At this facility, each resident, family member, visitor, and co-worker is considered your customer and is vital to the success of our organization.
- Ensures programs occur on the date and time scheduled. Assists residents in getting to activities, arranges appropriate transportation, and gives reminders as necessary.
- Helps the Life Enrichment Director keep each level of care informed of all activities. Reports residents change of health, physical or mental, to supervisor and/or Nursing. Answers resident call lights promptly. Maintains complete confidentiality.
- Exemplifies campus dress code. Follows campus appearance standards. Keeps activity office or area presentable, professional, and well organized.
- Aware of residents' preferences in activities so they can be encouraged to attend their favorites. Places residents' dignity above their own comfort and seeks assistance immediately upon need.
- Responds to voice mail and e-mail messages within 24 hours of receipt of by date requested by sender. Checks and processes inter-campus mail daily and responds to all memos and written requests within time frame specified. If out of the office for more than one business day, an appropriate voice mail message will be recorded and an “Out of Office” reply will be set up through their e-mail account.
This position is a full-time position requiring a Bachelor's Degree. Experience working with dementia residents is required. The hours of this position are 8:30a.m. - 5:00p.m. Monday-Friday and weekend hours as needed. This position must be willing to be flexible on scheduled work hours. Good human relations skills and a genuine interest in senior citizens are required. Computer knowledge and word processing is required. Must be able to communicate (both written and verbal) in English. Must have a valid driver's license and a good driving record.
Mobility allowing the individual to move throughout the campus facilities is essential. Position requires standing, walking, pushing wheelchairs, and lifting up to 35 pounds. May occasionally be exposed to mildly unpleasant conditions or be at risk of exposure to infection.
Equipment used in performance of duties includes telephone, audio/visual equipment, art supplies, kitchen appliances, copy machine, fax machine, computer, and facility van.
ROLE BASED SECURITY
In compliance with HIPAA standards, role based security guidelines have been established for this position description. Please reference the “Role Based Security” grid found in section 7 of the HIPAA Resource Manual.
STATEMENT OF UNDERSTANDING
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position, but does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
For full time employees, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing program
- Pet Insurance
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
Covenant Retirement Communities and CovenantCare at Home are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Apply on company website