We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us! Part of a nation wide family of Continuing Care Retirement Communities is seeking a painter/maintenance mechanic. The painter/maintenance mechanic is responsible for providing interior and exterior painting. This position includes surface repairs, preparation and application of paint in a manner that is consistent with industry and government standards and safety regulations. NATURE AND SCOPE
This position reports directly to the Facilities Management Maintenance Supervisor. This position will interact with the Director of Facilities Management and the Department Coordinator as work requests and assignments are issued. This position cooperates with all other departments to assure that the needs of the residents are being met and that a pleasant working atmosphere is maintained. In performance of the duties, the Maintenance Painter is responsible for the following:
- Understands and complies with the principle that the Facilities Management Department works as a team, supporting and encouraging one another.
- Accepts and completes work requests that are within experience, training and skill set on time.
- Wears appropriate uniform, footwear and PPE for assignments.
- Uses purchased pre-mixed paints and stains. Ability to match existing colors and finishes.
- Prepares all types of interior surfaces for painting, staining and/ or finishing. Uses rollers and brushes as appropriate for project. Skilled and experienced use of electric sprayers if needed.
- Removes and re-installs electric outlets, wall switch covers, vents and panels. Removes old wall coverings efficiently and safely.
- Prepare drywall for different types of wall coverings. Ability to create matched plaster textures with sprayer. Install grab bars and other accessories. Hang pictures and other decorations.
- Order supplies and parts from approved vendors.
- Responsible for storing and disposing of painting supplies and materials in a legal approved method.
- Performs snow and ice removal of parking lots/ walkways. Keep parking lots/ walkways free from hazardous conditions.
- Replaces ceiling tiles and light bulbs. Supports and contributes to the success of the Windmill Facilities Management computer program.
In these facilities each resident, family member, visitor and co-worker is considered your customer and is vital to the success of our organization.
- Ensures their tasks relating to preparing the apartment for move in are complete, accurate and finished in time frame established. Ensures all work orders are completed accurately and verifies working order of any repairs.
- Responds to requests and complaints from residents and staff courteously, honestly and in a professional manner. Follows all safety guidelines. Reports residents' change of health, physical or mental, to supervisor and/or Wellness Clinic Nurse. Maintains complete confidentiality.
- Ensures resident apartment is safe, clean and in good working order at the completion of a work order. Maintains work areas that are presentable, professional, well organized, safe and in compliance with State and Federal regulations. Exemplifies campus dress code.
- Responds to maintenance issues and emergency situations with as positive attitude to minimize discomfort and worry to the resident. Learns resident's names and addresses them by preferred name. Listens attentively to resident when voicing concerns and tries to assist in every possible way. Always treats resident requests with respect rather than as a disruption to daily work.
- Responds to assigned work orders as scheduled. Follows up with resident and supervisor if work order cannot be completed in one visit or the time frame requested. Shows initiative in responding to immediate needs and reporting problems discovered to the supervisor.
This position requires a person with a high school education.
Two years of experience in related work needed.
This position may be required to obtain a pool and spa operators certificate.
The ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing to staff, residents and visitors and to follow oral and written directions required.
Requires a person with good human relation skills who can explain the operation of Facilities Management systems to residents and staff.
The individual must be dependable, flexible, motivated and have a willingness to take initiative.PHYSICAL REQUIRMENTS The majority of shift is active, and mobility is necessary in order to move about the campus. Time is spent standing and walking with considerable amount of bending and stooping. Frequent lifting, carrying or handling of objects up to 100 pounds. This position requires the ability and mobility to operate mechanical equipment, hand tools, power tools, and campus vehicles. May be exposed to some unpleasant conditions or adverse weather conditions. There is potential of exposure to blood and body fluids causing risk of infectious disease, as well as exposure to potentially hazardous chemicals.
For full time employees, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing program
- Pet Insurance
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
Covenant Retirement Communities and CovenantCare at Home are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Apply on company website