We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us! Part of a nation wide family of Continuing Care Retirement Communities is seeking a Prep Chef/Utility. The purpose of this position is to operate the dish washing machine and provides orderly maintenance of all nutrition services storage areas. Assists in other areas of the kitchen with maintenance of dish room and equipment all in accordance with the standard procedure of the dining services department.
This position is full time and will work: 10:30AM -7PM every day with the exception of Sundays which are 10AM-3:30PM.
Week1- Friday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
Week2-Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday Wednesday, Thursday
In this role, the Prep Chef/Utility will:
- Prep salads
- Cut fruits and vegetables,
- Work line stations
- Put food deliveries away,
- Deliver room trays
- Maintain stock areas in a neat and orderly fashion on a daily basis.
- Transport carts to and from the appropriate dining areas.
- Operate the dish washing machine.
- Monitor and record the water temperatures and cleaning compound usage.
- Perform cleaning assignments as directed.
- Clean and washed food-service carts, dishes, utensils, trays, pots, pans, etc., and stores same.
- Uses proper sanitation in all food and service areas.
- Maintain cleanliness in all work areas, equipment, and appliances.
- Keep all kitchen work areas and dining rooms clear of dirty dishes.
- Performs other cleaning assignments as directed.
- Sweep and mop floors and work areas.
- Assist in the transportation of residents in case of fire, disaster, or emergency evacuation according to procedure.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous relevant experience, required.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, oral and written, with residents, family members, and staff, required.
For full time employees, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing program
- Pet Insurance
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
Covenant Retirement Communities and CovenantCare at Home are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Apply on company website