We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us! Part of a nation wide family of Continuing Care Retirement Communities is seeking a Full-Time Director of Development.
The Director of Development (DOD) works with the Executive Director to develop and manage a
comprehensive fundraising program on the campus. This position has the responsibility to secure philanthropic support through annual gifts, major gifts and legacy gifts with an aggressive focus on outright major gifts from non-resident sources to support the campus benevolent care program needs.The DOD is responsible for the planning, administration and implementation of development goals,objectives and initiatives of the community.In this role, the Director of Development will:
- Develop and execute an annual campus fundraising plan (including specific metrics for funds raised and other goals to be achieved).
- Secure financial support from a portfolio of residents, families, and other individuals as well as vendors, churches and other organizations.
- Develop, maintain, and track ongoing relationships with major donors.
- Create and execute the strategy for growing a sustained base of annual fund individual donors (residents, families and other individuals).
- Monitor and evaluate all fundraising activities to ensure that the fundraising goals are being achieved (including: total dollars raised, total dollars solicited, number of asks made, and number of gifts received).
- Develop and manage timelines for various fundraising activities to ensure strategic plans and critical fundraising processes are carried out in a timely manner.
- Develop and manage the donor recognition program including events, the donor recognition wall and donor lists.
- Oversee the campus fundraising database coordinator to make sure gift entry and acknowledgment is done on a timely basis and ensure that donor/prospect profile information is current and accurate.
- Perform other related responsibilities as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 5-7 years of relationship-building fundraising experience with an emphasis on personal solicitation of annual, major and planned gifts.
- Demonstrated comfort and experience with identifying, cultivating, closing, and stewarding significant gifts ($20,000+).
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with site leadership in developing fundraising strategies and plans/metrics to meet fundraising goals
- Strong relationship management
- A commitment to the mission and values of Covenant Retirement Communities as a faith-based organization.
For full time employees, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing program
- Pet Insurance
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
Covenant Living and CovenantCare at Home are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Apply on company website