We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us! Part of a nation wide family of Continuing Care Retirement Communities is seeking a Housekeeper. The purpose of this position is to provide campus services in areas of cleaning and minor maintenance requests throughout the campus in order to meet the needs of residents and employees, and to help assure that facilities are in good condition.
In this role, the Housekeeper will:
- Perform cleaning functions in assigned areas following established schedule and using departmental standards and infection control guidelines.
- Complete minor maintenance including light bulbs, plunge toilets and change batteries as needed.
- Following the established schedule, perform cleaning tasks in assigned areas inside and outside, in accordance with department standards.
- Maintain all floors as appropriate, including sweeping, dry and wet mopping, stripping, scrubbing, waxing, vacuuming, extraction, hosting, and buffing as scheduled or assigned.
- Assist in cleaning emergency spills that are observed or reported.
- Perform project cleaning as assigned, including, but not limited to; walls, ceilings, vents, light fixtures, windows, etc.
- Remove trash and/or recyclables from collection points, public areas, and outside entrance areas, and transport to dumpster/trash pick-up areas. Replace trash liners as needed.
- Deep clean rooms/units as needed at times of transfer/discharges in accordance with department standards.
- Move furniture as needed. Assist in resident moves at time of transfer/discharge.
- Participate in campus linen program, including distributing, collecting, counting and preparing for pick-up as well as handling the in-coming linen.
- Participate in making beds in guest rooms or residences as needed.
- Maintain cleaning equipment and repair, or report need of repair, as appropriate.
- Observe and report the need for repairs to facilities, furniture, fixtures, etc.
- Participate in receiving campus supplies, deliveries and putting away as needed.
- Participate in campus snow and ice salting as needed.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Some high school education.
- Housekeeping and/or general maintenance experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, verbal and written, with residents and staff.
- Dependability and common sense, and the ability to organize daily cleaning schedule to finish each day's assignment. Ability to follow written and verbal instructions and work within standard policy and procedures, with limited direct supervision.
- An interest in and desire to work with older adults is desired.
- May require availability on weekends.
For full time employees, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing program
- Pet Insurance
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
Covenant Retirement Communities and CovenantCare at Home are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Apply on company website