We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us! Part of a nation wide family of Continuing Care Retirement Communities is seeking a full time Nurse Manager, RN.
This position ensures that quality care is delivered through assessment and supervision of staff performance, physician contact, care planning and daily resident assessment. Thye provide support to the nursing leadership team in accordance with the mission and policies of Covenant Living, as well as the regulations established by state and federal law.
In this role, the Nurse Manager, RN will:
- Supervise professional and non-professional nursing staff. Ensure quality of care by making rounds to determine effectiveness of care, resident satisfaction, and compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Manage the overall functioning of the unit(s) for assigned shift.
- Provide explanation of nursing policies and procedures and assistance to staff to ensure ongoing understanding and training.
- With Director of Nursing, participate in evaluation, discipline, and motivation of staff.
- Observe and evaluate residents health and communicate changes to appropriate staff.
- Communicate on regular basis with Director of Nursing and/or administration regarding observations and suggestions of problem areas, resident and employee activities, concerns, needs, etc.
- Provide explanation of nursing care to residents and families according to procedures. Provide instructions relating to medical care as appropriate.
- Administer direct and/or emergency care when necessary. Respond to emergency needs of residents. Contact emergency medical services for assistance when required.
- Handle special projects as assigned by DON, such a Wound Care. Be an active participant in nursing department committees, such as fall teams.
- Assign work areas and relocate staff as needed to assure high quality of nursing care and completion of tasks.
- Assist in orientation of new nursing personnel and reinforce training standards to maintain high quality of care.
- Assure the functional and sanitary maintenance of the nursing units and equipment. Report routine and emergency maintenance needs according to established procedures.
- Assure the safety and security of patients through the proper use of equipment, safety devices, and by knowing and following fire, safety and disaster procedures.
- Communicate with other department supervisors, physicians, consultants, staff, residents, and families to coordinate care of residents.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing.
- Must be currently licensed as an RN in the State; BSN preferred
- 2 years nursing experience; geriatric/long term care population strongly preferred.
- 2 years of supervisory experience.
For full time employees, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing program
- Pet Insurance
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
Covenant Living and CovenantCare at Home are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Apply on company website