We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us! We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us!
Making a difference in the lives of others – that's what working at CovenantCare at Home is all about. Our healthcare professionals have the opportunity each and every day to make a difference in the lives of older adults. From improving quality of life, to creating peace of mind for them and their families, our team members know that as a part of our community, they are changing lives. CovenantCare at Home is seeking qualified candidates for a Hospice Chaplain in Northbrook, IL to help in fulfilling our common purpose: to create joy and peace of mind for our clients and their families by creating a better way of life. Join our organization, where teamwork, respect, and service is part of our everyday environment and build your health care career in a supportive, faith-based community.
In this role, the Chaplain will:
- Assure spiritual assessment of patients and families/caregivers and appropriate services are rendered in a timely manner.
- Facilitates the development of the individualized plan of care by participating in the comprehensive assessment to meet identified spiritual needs.
- Provides direct spiritual care to patients and families/caregivers.
- Serves as liaison and support to community chaplains and spiritual counselors.
- Maintains records of spiritual care services utilization and related activities for quality assurance, program development, and policies and procedures review and revision.
- Attends patient care conference and interdisciplinary group meetings as a member of the interdisciplinary group.
- Provides consultation, education, and support to the interdisciplinary group on spiritual care. Consults with, and serves as a resource to, community clergy directly involved with the patient and family.
- Interprets and articulates the agencies policies and procedures regarding the spiritual care program for other hospice professionals including agency administration.
- Coordinates the spiritual and religious care of all patients and families receiving hospice care.
- Graduate level degree of accredited seminary or school of theology accredited by a member of the Council of Higher Education Accreditation. (MDiv, or equivalent theological degree).
- Endorsement by and in good standing with the requirements of his/her own denomination or faith group.
- Completion of, or progression towards four units of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE), or equivalent clinical training or experience. Certification (or progressing toward certification) by a national professional spiritual counselor organization which certifies spiritual counselors.
- Hospice experience preferred.
- Experience working with death and dying, individuals/family/caregiver.
- Ability to work as member of interdisciplinary group.
- Comfort in an interfaith setting.
- Ability to accept different lifestyles, cultures, beliefs, and values.
- Ability to network with community clergy and congregations.
- Knowledge of and commitment to hospice philosophy of care.
For full time employees, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing program
- Pet Insurance
For more information about Covenant Living and CovenantCare at Home, please visit www.covliving.org or www.covenantcareathome.org.
Covenant Living and CovenantCare at Home are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Apply on company website