Wake up each day knowing that you are a part of something special. Something real. Something bold. What you do can make a difference. Coyote is an industry-leading transportation and logistics service provider that believes in doing the right thing every time. Every hour. Every minute. Every second. Are you looking for a place where you will have a role in shaping an industry? Are you Tenacious, True, Tribal, and Smart? Then it's time for you to apply to join the pack.
The VP of Shipper Strategy is responsible for ensuring Coyote's portfolio of service offerings & the delivery of those offerings efficiently address the current and future needs for each respective Shipper segment – notably the SMB and Enterprise segments – and in doing so creates value by addressing common challenges that ripple across industries & geographies.
He/she will work exclusively through a Shipper oriented frame, informed by key inputs from Shipper Insights, research/competitive analysis, and external channels, to drive value to Shippers and differentiation for Coyote in the Global 3PL landscape.
Tasked with fostering an environment of innovation and objective review of the solutions portfolio within the broader 3PL & Shipper landscapes, he/she will work directly with Senior Leadership on a range of projects and inform critical decisions supporting growth initiatives, new products/services, cost reduction/efficiency efforts, and demand growth within the Coyote Marketplace.
The VP will report to the SVP, Strategy & Innovation and be instrumental in the attainment of Coyote's strategic business objectives.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES (include, but not limited to):
- Develop comprehensive intake method for diverse shipper products/services, technology & other needs discovery
- Collaborate with F&A to establish rational assumptions and forecast to define commercial success, timing and results tracking mechanism across all service lines and geographies
- Drive shipper adoption/growth in new and existing service lines, in the legacy analog and newer digital channels, across the broader shipper landscape
- Maintain a high level of connectivity & work collaboratively with Sales, Operations and Marketing to ensure Coyote Shipper strategy remains relevant and aligned for success across all service lines and geographies
- Develop and integrate service line specific opportunity landscape, go-to market strategy, engagement model and investment roadmap into a comprehensive strategic plan to address shippers' needs
- Drive diversification efforts across new and existing Shippers – broader solutions engagement across wider customer base
- Proactively build internal awareness of evolving shipper expectations and dynamically integrate into Coyote strategic plan
- Provide input in overall Strategy & Innovation thought leadership
- Execute projects and/or discrete workstreams and present findings to Senior Leadership
- Collaborate with a counterpart(s) on the carrier side to align expectations, prioritization, and complementary strategies where it makes sense
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, CHARACTERISTICS, & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5+ years in Sales, Operations or Consulting role within the Transportation Industry
- An individual who brings forward outside-in thinking that challenges status quo and provides objective views of opportunities/risks
- Ability to synthesize information into actionable insights and develop an expert level of knowledge of all service lines across all geographies
- Strong project management, communications and ability to work cross-functionally and manage competing interest while developing a reasonable level of expertise across all service lines and geographies
- Problem solving ability and issue resolution skills
- Experience in working within fast-paced & dynamic business environment
- Ability to manage and lead a growing team as the job may dictate over time
- Entrepreneurial and competitive spirit
- Strong organization and attention to detail
Coyote is an at-will employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please view Equal Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP.
Apply on company website