The Business Development Manager-Events is an accomplished, highly motivated, and experienced mid-level salesperson who will promote and sell company's solutions and professional services to current company's customers and potential new customers. This role will have a thorough understanding of the retail and CPG industries, the sales process, and an ability to develop relationships through existing contacts, with a strong ability to close deals. This role will work with the company's Business Development team in the sales process to build and maintain relationships with retailer merchants/buyers and the supplier community.
- Able to proactively find customer business issues within the CPG and retail industries and translate them into relevant solution discussions and make enhancements
- Leverage existing relationships with company's clients to create new business
- Drive the sales process from opportunity to closing
- Manage a sales quota
- Participate in drafting and securing signed legal contracts
- Actively manage the sales pipeline
- Assist in creating sales messaging and marketing collateral
- Assist in developing relationships with partner companies
- Responsible for establishing, evolving and maintaining sound existing client relationships
- Create sales tools showcasing previous “success stories” that can be used across all company's business units
- Load all retail projects, work with cross functional internal teams on all billing work, aging and tracking execution of all retail tasks. Work with cross functional teams to grow business and new projects with existing clients through intelligent and consultative selling
- Keep abreast of industry, market, client and customers to most effectively recommend and sell company's services and grow relationships
- Act in a leadership role for the implementation and development of corporate initiatives/special projects
- Be the primary contact with the client and customers during the partnership lifecycle
- Understand client needs and proactively provide updates through insights, project updates and reporting, to gain additional knowledge to grow the relationship.
- Own and effectively manage all aspects of client and project-specific budgets, including working with clients to ensure on-time payments for work completed
This job description does not imply that the above functions are the only tasks that may be performed. Individuals will be expected to follow any other job-related instructions and perform any other job-related tasks as directed by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Responsibilities With Regard to Workers' Compensation Claims:
You are responsible for reporting any employment related injury you incur to your direct supervisor as soon as possible following an incident resulting in an injury.
Education/Experience: A four (4) year college degree or equivalent training with relevant experience; Three (3) + years of experience in a business development, client services, CPG or retail role.
- Expert negotiating skills
- Ability to create and deliver presentations
- Respect for organizational policies and procedures
- Customer service attitude and strong interpersonal skills
- Critical thinking ability, connecting piece of information together across varied data sources
- Stellar work ethic with a sense of responsibility and urgency
- Professional, assertive and service-oriented in nature
- Demonstrated track record of meeting sales quotas
- Experience interacting with mid to high level management
- Highly organized
- Good understanding of the end-to-end development cycle of a client engagement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Computer Skills: Strong computer/technical skills, MS Office and Outlook, Salesforce
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and use hands and fingers to operate a computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Work Environment: An office environment; Customer sites (may require travel) with minimum office facilities.
Language Skills: English is the primary language skill; however, bilingual skills may be required based on business necessity.
Apply on company website