The Business Operations Manager is responsible to ensure successful implementation of product demonstration events for specific business unit(s). Responsibilities include project development, execution monitoring, issue resolution and client reporting support. In this highly visible role, the Business Operations Manager acts as the key point of integration between the client, retailer and the field operational teams to ensure seamless delivery of events.
- Reviews command center dashboard daily and take action based on system reports (member feedback, events on floor, etc.)
- Provides a high-level of support to the field-based teams as follows:
- Communicates daily (written and verbal) to/from retail locations regarding high priority programs, last minute changes/add in's, unique event times, special call-outs and general questions and answers to ensure optimum field execution
- Working in tandem with the analytics team and/or pulling information from the systems, communicates exception reporting to the field team based on high priority events
- Delivers all communications to the field using established formats, templates and processes to ensure effective communication
- Acts as the liaison between CROSSMARK Events and the field teams to ensure program expectations translate into successful event executions
- Available during non-office hours as required for last minute client requests, field-team questions, event discrepancies. This includes a rotating weekend assignment to monitor the Command Center inbox on weekends and weekdays to resolve questions from the field teams. Acting as the emergency contact for the field teams regarding issues such as system conflicts, ComData card issues, and out-of-stock product replacements
- Works with sales partners on events planning to ensure successful execution and acting as the operational voice in the planning process
- Assists with post-execution feedback when supplier concerns arise. Prepare and communicate the operational information as needed after events are executed utilizing survey question responses and analytical support
- Works closely with keying team on project building and quality checks, when needed
- Engages with designated team members to ensure projects are correctly loaded into the event management system following established rules and guidelines
- Attends product test kitchen demonstrations and time studies to ensure preparation requirements and execution instructions are accurate and appropriate for the field teams to execute
- Monitors and reports project results internally. Provides other reporting support to the Sales team members as needed. Reviews post-event reports with cross-functional teams to determine opportunities for improvement
This job description does not imply that the above functions are the only tasks that may be performed. Associates will be expected, if possible, to follow any other job-related instructions and perform any other job-related tasks as directed by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Education/Experience: Minimum of 3 years of experience in retail management, marketing, operations CPG or related industry. Experience with product demonstration/events is preferred.
Skills and Abilities: Effective organizational skills to simultaneously manage multiple projects, tasks and requests. Ability to act with a high degree of integrity and good judgment. Strong decision-making skills to make on-the-spot decisions when necessary. Ability to adapt to shifting priorities and align activities to meet organizational goals. Ability to build excellent relationships and communicate effectively. Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint – as well as project planning systems.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Food safety certification is beneficial, but not required.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the team member is regularly required to be able to:
- Sit, stand, talk, hear and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and/or other peripherals.
- Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Communicate information and ideas orally and in writing so others will understand.
- Identify and understand the speech of another person.
- Light to moderate lifting may be required from time-to-time.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Work environment: Primarily office environment with mild to moderate noise levels. Frequent interaction with co-workers, vendors and clients. Some local travel may be required.
Language Skills: English is the primary language skill; however, bilingual skills may be required based on business necessity.
Apply on company website