The Human Resources Business Partner will work closely as a strategic partner with the business to support HR activities, new initiatives and programs that relate to employee relations, performance management, training, recruitment, health and safety, talent management, workforce optimization and team member retention and engagement.
- Advise, support, guide and counsel people leaders and team members on employment related matters, interpretation of company policies and practices, procedures, compliance laws, standards and regulations.
- Partner with people leaders to provide guidance on HR related topics.
- Partner with cross-functional teams such as employee relations, benefits, onboarding, and recruiting on communications and best practices. Act as a liaison for HR related matters at assigned location and/or for assigned business teams. Participate in employee relations investigations as needed.
- Maintain high level of contact with all team members to foster and evolve effective relationships.
- Review and interpret exit interview information and implement retention strategies.
- Create regular reports to analyze data and make recommendations to leadership team.
- Respond to team member inquires (via email and phone) quickly and accurately.
- Participate in resume screening and interview processes for key hires.
- Participate on planning committee for team member engagement activities to foster team member retention and create a positive culture.
- Assist with performance review process to guide team members and people leaders through the process.
- Act as an integral part of the HR team that will provide regional and local initiatives through best practices.
- Participate in HR related administrative tasks and projects.
This job description does not imply that the above functions are the only tasks that may be performed. Individuals will be expected to follow any other job-related instructions and perform any other job-related tasks as directed by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Responsibilities With Regard to Workers' Compensation Claims:
You are responsible for reporting any employment related injury you incur to your direct supervisor as soon as possible following an incident resulting in an injury.
Education/Experience: Minimum 4-6 years of progressive HR generalist and/or HR Business Partner experience; College/University degree or post-secondary education in HR preferred.
- Solid knowledge of employment laws and HR practices
- Effective organizational skills to simultaneously manage multiple projects, tasks and requests
- Demonstrated high degree of confidentiality, integrity and sound judgment
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills required
Computer Skills: Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Professional certifications PHR or SPHR (or SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP) strongly preferred.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and use hands and fingers to operate a computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This role may have direct reports.
Work Environment: Office environment.
Language Skills: English is the primary language skill; however, bilingual skills may be required based on business necessity.
Apply on company website