This position is responsible for the preparation of company's external and internal financial reporting and supporting the company through accounting, analysis, and reporting of each periods close activities.
- Provide accurate and timely financial statements in compliance with GAAP. Review financial data to ensure fairness and completeness.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual external financial packages.
- Prepare internal management reports as required including the monthly financial reporting package for the Executive Leadership Team.
- Provide monthly analysis and explanations for changes in cash flow activities.
- Ensure all lease accounting is properly executed in accordance with company policy and GAAP.
- Review all contracts to determine appropriate accounting treatment.
- Research GAAP literature and prepare technical accounting memos as required.
- Accurately and timely complete assigned balance sheet reconciliations as required by resolving discrepancies.
- Prepare various schedules and complete research to assist with the annual financial statement audit.
- Provide technical accounting guidance as needed. Perform research on accounting issues and prepare accounting policies or technical accounting memos in a clear, logical, and comprehensive manner.
- Identify and implement best practices and process improvements.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
This job description does not imply that the above functions are the only tasks that may be performed. Individuals will be expected to follow any other job-related instructions and perform any other job-related tasks as directed by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Responsibilities With Regard to Workers' Compensation Claims:
You are responsible for reporting any employment related injury you incur to your direct supervisor as soon as possible following an incident resulting in an injury.
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree in Accounting; Master's degree a plus; Current CPA license with strong GAAP technical accounting knowledge; 5+ years accounting experience with previous financial reporting experience required; Prior experience with financial reporting systems and applications preferably at a mid-size or large company; Lease accounting and contract review experience a plus.
- Strong technical accounting skills and solid understanding of GAAP.
- Ability to perform independent accounting research, apply technical standards/policies, and propose positions on complex accounting issues.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Solid analytical and communication skills.
- Excellent time management, decision making, and organizational skills.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and deliver a high-quality product on a regular and consistent basis.
- Must be a highly motivated, self-starter, with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems quickly and effectively with limited supervision.
- Team player
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Current CPA license
Computer Skills: Strong excel skills; Experience with financial reporting systems and applications. Lawson, Essbase, and Hyperion experience a plus.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and use hands and fingers to operate a computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Work Environment: Office environment.
Language Skills: English is the primary language skill, however, bilingual skills may be required based on business necessity.
Apply on company website