Posted Date: Oct 19, 2020
Crothall Healthcare is a Compass One Company that provides specialized, high-quality, innovative, and responsive support services exclusively to the healthcare industry. Crothall serves many of the Top 100 Hospitals throughout its over 1300 healthcare service teams in 46 states. Crothall has been recognized as one of Modern Healthcare's Best Places to Work and Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania since 2013 and Becker's Top 150 Places to Work since 2016. A division of Compass Group USA, we have more than 26,000 team members. Our core services include: Environmental Services, Patient Transportation, Laundry & Linen, Facilities Management, Healthcare Technology Solutions, and Ambulatory EVS. Learn more at www.Crothall.com.Job Summary
Summary: As a Patient Flow Manager, you will be responsible for the effective leadership of a team of Patient Flow Coordinators and Transporters within a hospital setting.
• Orients, trains, and develops all levels of personnel such as; dispatchers, trainers, transporters, couriers, drivers, and elevator operators
• Assists in coordination of Patient Transportation activities and services with other departments
• Ability to understand and apply knowledge of basic patient transport concepts, infection control practices, and proper body mechanics
• Maintains a teamwork environment of highly motivated associates
• Understands and able to determine, explain, and develop dispatcher logic and transporter activities; monitor and supervise dispatcher activity
• Assists unit director in achieving financial objectives; ensures department operates within budget; assists controlling departmental expenses
• Ensures proper operation of software programs, page and phone handling systems within the department
• Ensures compliance with all regulatory agencies including but not limited to Federal, State, JCAHO, OSHA, and CDC
• Management of patient transportation add-on services such as, but not limited to; patient observation, lift, courier, valet or shuttle, where applicable.
• Two-year college degree or equal-related experience preferred
• Management experience in hospital environment and/or patient transportation highly desired
• Effective organizational and time management skills
• Analytical ability to interpret statistical data and to distinguish trends and other factors that impact operational activity
• Excellent judgment skills for problem solving of performance of associates', the coordination of hospital activities, and enforcement of policies in stressful situations
• Excellent interpersonal skills necessary; ability to interact with a wide range of staff and hospital personnel in a professional manner; customer service skills must be strong, genuine and noticeable
• Effective verbal, listening and written communication skills
• Advanced skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Apply to Crothall today!
Crothall is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 424845
Apply on company website