Reports To: Driver Supervisor
FLSA Status: Commissioned/Exempt Motor Carrier Act
Summary: Drives truck equipped with capacity of more than three tons to transport materials to and from specified destinations by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Operates vehicle in accordance with CEI Safety policies, OSHA and DOT requirements as well as all local, state, and federal laws
- Follows approved routes to transport materials
- Electronic logs maintained via Qualcomm system
- Maintains contact with Dispatch daily
- Performs mandatory pre- and post-trip inspections as required by DOT
- Adheres to all safety rules such as wearing PPE; goggles, gloves, and boots
- Performs all duties as instructed to meet customer needs
Language Ability: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports, simple correspondence and complete required company and D.O.T. paperwork.
Math Ability: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or two years related driving experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Valid CDL Class A driver's license with air-brake endorsement.
- Good driving record
- Ability to pass drug/alcohol test
- Ability to pass DOT physical
- Ability to be a team player
- Team management skills
- Successfully complete pre-employment DOT drug screen, physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check, criminal history and motor vehicle record review.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and climb or balance. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. The employee must possess sufficient endurance to perform tasks over a long period of time.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather), work near moving mechanical parts, work in high, precarious places, outdoor weather conditions, extreme cold (non-weather), extreme heat (non-weather), and work with explosives.
The noise level in the work environment is usually Moderate.
Apply on company website