Applies experience from strategy consulting, analytics, and data engineering to successfully act as the product owner for one or more analytics initiatives
• Consults with internal clients to identify opportunities to implement data science solutions to business problems at an intermediate level.
• Understands and recommends modeling techniques to data scientists.
• Solves complex problems and takes a new perspective on existing solutions.
• Ability to structure data analysis, driving analytics insights and analytical solutions to help data scientists determine the best analytical solution.
• Presents recommendations to senior staff and internal clients.
• Mentors more junior team members.
• Collaborates with business partners to understand their problems and goals, develop predictive modeling, statistical analysis, data reports and performance metrics.
• Consults on the creation of analytics solutions that effectively weigh business and technical tradeoffs using an intermediate understanding of business strategy as well as relevant big data environment topics.
• Acts as an analytics product owner translating business needs into analytics projects and actions.
• Leads development of solutions with moderate complexity and risk.
• Minimum 5 years of total business experience
• 3 years of experience strategy consulting or on strategy teams in large companies
• 2 years of experience programming using R, Hadoop, or Python
• 3 years of business experience leading analyses and initiatives with track record of business impact.
• Healthcare sector experience preferred
• Demonstrates proficiency in most areas of mathematical analysis methods, machine learning, statistical analyses, and predictive modeling and in-depth specialization in some areas. Experience in SAS or SQL or other programming languages.
• Strong knowledge of advanced analytics tools and languages to analyze large data sets from multiple data sources. 7
• Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur.
• Demonstrates strong ability to communicate technical concepts and implications to business partners.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website