If you are passionate about making a difference in the work you do, being recognized for your talent and expertise in solving complex and challenging analytical/data problems while contributing to the success of key strategic initiatives, consider growing your career with a Fortune 10 healthcare leader!
As a member of the Retail Analytics team you will be responsible for leading buildout of analytic solutions, including developing measurement plans and insight generation aimed at measuring and improving performance of innovative programs targeted at improving patient outcomes as well as efficiency across CVS Health. You will also be responsible for the leadership and coordination of critical cross-functional analytic initiatives aimed at supporting growth of blue-chip projects such as the newly launched Health Hubs.
You will collaborate with business partners from Front Store, Pharmacy, Minute Clinic, Health Services teams as well as the data engineering and data science teams to develop effective solutions for our partners. Your experience will include translating business needs into analytic questions; design and conduct rigorous analyses of clinical, financial, customer, and operational data; and translate these analytic findings into models and evaluation results for our business partners. You would be responsible for communication of these insights with executive stakeholders as needed
Using these skills, you will enable a data driven approach to improve our performance.
Key job functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provide overall leadership for analytic projects, including oversight and coordination of all solution components within Enterprise Analytics to deliver effective solutions to our partners
• Developing sound analytic and measurement plans based on available data sources, business partner needs, and required timelines.
• Apply innovative approaches to understand and predict what will happen across the business.
• Able to select several potential appropriate modeling approaches for a given analytic problem Determine whether statistical methods are suited to the user need
• Query large databases both relational like Teradata, Oracle, SQL Server, and Azure to query and understand data.
• Process multi-terabyte data and develop insights using tools like SQL, Python/R
• Developing prototypes and get it approved from business users. Typical prototype would include data preparation and visualizations using Tableau
• Managing deliverables across multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment and project related to a wide variety of business settings and clinical needs.
• Consulting with key internal and external stakeholders to determine how best to leverage machine learning and/or advanced analytic methods to support business objectives across CVS Health.
• Present the analytic findings in a variety of formats (reports, PPT, graphs, figures and tables), formulating recommendations, and effectively communicate the results to non-analytic audiences.
• Supporting existing analytical work products and updating them based on various enterprises IT initiatives such as database migration, member/ client platform migrations and source system migration/consolidations.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity on the Advanced Analytics team, candidates will need to have the following experience:
• Problem solving skills and experience in translating business problems across disciplines into advanced analytic projects with measurable business value.
• 5+ years of experience in advanced analytics, big data, relational database structures, research methods, sampling techniques, and system testing
• Strong understanding of internal business segment or stakeholders and strong presentation skills and 3+ years of experience interacting with and influencing decision-making by business audiences
• Solid understanding and hands-on experience with a variety of analytic processes and techniques, including health economics outcomes research, development of measurement methodologies, hypothesis testing, statistical significance testing, modeling
• Experience developing methodology to measure program and intervention outcomes
• Extensive hands-on experience with SAS, SQL, Python, R, Tableau and other data, statistical, and data visualization tools and techniques, and ability to investigate and adapt emerging analytic tools and solutions into the analytic standard operating procedures;
• Experience with theoretical modeling approaches and matching analytic modeling approaches to a wide range of business applications
• Analytics experience within the retail and/or healthcare services, with experience deploying capabilities across a wide range of business disciplines.
• Demonstrated effective project management and time management skills.
• A strong curiosity to explore and uncover hidden relationships in data, and a proactive desire to translate findings into actionable business insights.
• Familiarity with navigating in both a relational (Teradata-based) and Cloud environment.
• BA degree in statustics or a qunatitiave field required with 6+ years of relevant experience; or a Master's degree or equivalent in an analytic discipline and 3+ years of relevant experience; or a PhD and 1+ years of relevant experience
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website