The Data Scientist role will partner with business groups across CVS to ideate, develop, and deploy analytic models and solutions that leverage advanced machine learning and analytics methodologies. The position will serve as analytics liaison between business and technical teams to drive results and enhanced value through improved delivery of impactful analytic insights, improved data visualization, predictive modeling and statistical analyses. The Data Science position will work within a high-performing analytics team, developing predictive models and machine learning algorithms to facilitate business growth, performing ad-hoc analyses to unlock insights, managing project timelines and roadmaps to meet short- and long-term needs of our business stakeholders, serving as SME and data steward for others in the application and use of our data, and developing and maintaining data and analytics process documentation.
• Develop machine learning and other advanced models that drive business outcomes across CVS
• Lead discussions with key internal and external stakeholders to determine how best to leverage machine learning and advanced analytic methods to support business objectives across CVS Health
• Apply appropriate modeling approaches for a given analytic problem (machine learning methods ranging from regression methods, decision trees, deeplearning, NLP techniques, uplift modeling; operations research; statistical modeling such as multivariate techniques)
• Lead cross-functional teams to implement models in a variety of modeling tools, achieving highly accurate models
• Provide subject matter expertise in analyzing underlying statistical concepts and computational approaches that enable efficient execution of models and may be able to design and implement modifications and enhancements to the computations
• Develop sound analytic plans based on available data sources, business partner needs, and required timelines
• Apply innovative approaches to understand and predict what will happen across the business
• Drive deliverables across multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment and project related to a wide variety of business settings and clinical needs
• Present analytic findings in a variety of formats (reports, PPT, graphs, figures and tables), formulating recommendations, and effectively presenting the results to non-analytic audiences
• 4+ years' experience in constructing, validating, and executing machine learning solutions (advanced educational degree can be applied to years' experience)
• Deep expertise in modern machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques
• Expert level proficiency with common modeling tools and frameworks, e.g. Python, R, Scala, TensorFlow, etc.
• Ability to understand data management and model productionalization best practices
• Ability to write scalable, production level code
• Proficiency with tools to automate CI/CD pipelines (e.g., Jenkins, GIT, Control-M)
• Design and implement end-to-end solutions using Machine Learning, Optimization, and other advanced technologies, and own live deployments
• Experience with frameworks for either Machine Learning or NLP (Scikit-Learn, SpaCy, Pytorch, Spark NLP)
• Experience with cloud computing environment (ideally Microsoft Azure) Creative problem solver, flexible, proactive and ability to work in a fast paced, ever changing environment
• Experience presenting to audiences including technical, non-technical and senior leaders (both verbally and through Microsoft Office products - Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
• Experience in managing cross functional initiatives communicating effectively and confidently with business partners, project team members and senior management
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to interact with and influence decision-making by non-analytical business audiences
• Experience leading project management activities including communications within project teams, stakeholder management, leadership updates, etc.
• Must be able to extract actionable insights from the analysis and interpret outcomes of complex models for business audience
• Experience with preparing data for the analysis, work with data engineering team to create modeling dataset, assess completeness and quality of data and perform feature engineering
• Experience working on a large scale Spark implementation
• Productionalized one or more ML application on a big data platform
• Required: Master's Degree in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering + 2 years professional experience
• Preferred: Doctorate Degree with coursework focused on data science, machine learning, artificial intelligence, etc.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website