It is a great time to join the beauty retail division of CVS Health, as America's leading retail pharmacy with more than 8,000 stores and continuing to grow. We are seeking a talented, sales oriented, Professional Beauty Consultant who is passionate about the beauty industry and believes the customer experience should be top notch. We have partnered with Glamsquad, a revolutionary beauty services provider, to bring beauty services to our customer's in-store. As a CVS Professional Beauty Consultant, you will evaluated and trained by the Glamsquad Beauty Professional community and work closely with Glamsquad regional experts. CVS customers will experience your passion for beauty as you share the latest beauty trends and techniques through beauty services and sales.
As a Professional Beauty Consultant you are excited about all things beauty! You will be responsible for the end-to-end experience in the Beauty Department and will provide hair styling, makeup applications, ear piercing and personalized product advice. You will greet and provide friendly, knowledgeable, sales service to every customer who enters the beauty zone of the store and strive to build the best, personalized experience and basket for each customer.
Customer Sales Experience
• Seek out customers to ensure they have an amazing beauty advisor experience through personalized sales service based on customer needs, productive upselling and suggestive selling, as well as subsequent follow-up contact to build lasting relationships.
• Engage in conversation with each customer as they enter the beauty zone; listen to and be sensitive of the information shared by the customer, be cognizant of their needs and provide specialized sales advice.
• Maneuver in a conversation to stimulate a different thought process. This means you are confident and comfortable using your verbal skills to generate sales.
• Be the brand expert by answering customer questions in detail with product knowledge to produce the largest sales basket possible.
• Represent both the CVS and GSQ by Glamsquad brands when interacting with customers and uphold the highest standards of service.
• Perform Hair and Makeup services: blowouts, hairstyling and full or partial makeup application (lip and/or eye enhancement)
• Perform Ear Piercing services (training and certification to be provided)
• Educate beauty customers by demonstrating proper product usage, highlighting features and benefits to help drive purchase conversion.
• Manage time effectively between consultations, scheduled services and walk in clients.
• Routinely provide product applications with guests, utilizing provided application tools and testers.
• Display current and active Cosmetology license during all working hours as mandated by the state.
• Discuss CVS services, Beauty Club programs and invite customers to special, in store events and/or explain current promotions to close the sale of products and services produce the largest sales basket possible.
• Create and maintain product displays, end caps and display special promotional materials in support of key brand, corporate and local advertising efforts.
• Participate in and represent CVS at sales programs and/or events that positively impact business
• Maintain a beautiful and clean zone by keeping your assigned area well-stocked, well-merchandised and compliant with hygiene standards for a positive shopping experience.
• Ensure that all CVS tester sanitation, hazardous waste disposal and product demo tool cleansing policies are executed in a timely and compliant manner.
• Compete with yourself to beat service & sales goals
• Participate in ongoing sales, service and trend training with CVS and Glamsquad to ensure knowledge and skills are modern and current.
• Maintain a professional appearance in compliance with company guidelines at all times.
• Be our customer's Beauty Expert by being plugged-in to all of the latest beauty trends and techniques. Be a beauty enthusiast!
Why You'll Love Working Here!
• Exposure to the latest and greatest product in the industry through brand interaction, training and more.
• Gratis. Everyone loves free samples! You will get to take home lots of great products to try out.
• Fun filled days at the CVS Annual tradeshow. Aspire to be one of the top Pro Beauty Consultants to earn an invitation to the annual tradeshow. The day is full of learning, demonstrations and surprises!
• You will be helping people on their path to better health. When people feel good about themselves that translates to the rest of their lives, and you will make an impact!
• Must possess a current and valid Cosmetology License in the state in which you will be working
• Must maintain an active Cosmetologist license at all times in the state you are employed and ensure it is present during working hours as mandated by that state
• Experience and proficiency in both hair styling and makeup application
• Ability to perform ear piercing after training is provided
• Must pass Glamsquad skills assessment to measure hair styling and makeup application abilities
• Sales oriented or interested in Sales
• Ability to use sales data with product/brand knowledge to meet sales and beauty service goals
• Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
• Goal-driven, with an ability to multi-task
• Ability to work independently and as an integral part of a team in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple priorities and quickly learning new procedures
• Available to work at a CVS store and travel to sales programs and events as needed
• Available to work a flexible retail schedule, which may include mornings, evenings, weekends, extended hours and “Peak” Hours
• Nevada Consultants applicants must provide confirmation of a MAKEUP ARTIST REGISTRATION/ THREADER REGISTRATION issued from the state of Nevada
• In specific CVS stores, we require bi-lingual beauty advisors that can speak to customers in both English and Spanish.
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Prior beauty sales experience
• Current knowledge of products and brands
• Strong passion for beauty
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Stand and move throughout the store in order to provide excellent customer service, including providing services and beauty consulting, and perform other task work such as stocking and facing product displays and updating advertising promotions
• Able to stoop, kneel or crouch, and able to reach or grasp objects, including objects on lower shelves
• Able to perform duties requiring manual dexterity (e.g., hair styling, makeup applications, ear piercing)
• Physical abilities to support the Required Qualifications listed above.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website