Health is everything. CVS Health, a founding partner of the National Hispanic Pharmacist Association, is committed to providing enhanced service to the Hispanic community in addition to increasing access, lowering costs and improving quality of care. That's why we have CVS Pharmacy y más stores. CVS Pharmacy y más is where Hispanic customers receive a more personalized shopping experience where they can find their favorite brands at competitive prices, convenient services, and a higher level of customer service in an environment where they feel at home. Millions of times a day, we help people on their path to better health – from advising on prescriptions to helping manage chronic and specialty conditions. As a Spanish Bilingual Pharmacist, you have a critical role at the forefront of delivering our purpose, modeling our values, and demonstrating genuine, authentic care for our patients. You will help create an environment where our Hispanic customers feel at home and can receive CVS Pharmacy's best-in-class pharmacy services along with personalized products and services to better meet their diverse needs. In addition to supporting the Pharmacy Manager in leading and directing your Pharmacy Technician Support Staff, you are accountable for supporting the management, oversight and operation of all aspects within your pharmacy. This includes:
• Patient Safety
• Pharmacy Professional Practice
• Regulatory Requirements
• Quality Assurance
• Customer Service
• Personnel Management
• Inventory Management
• Financial Profitability
• Loss Prevention
• Workflow Management
A key component of the Spanish Bilingual Pharmacist role is keeping your customers and patients healthy through adoption and management of patient care programs. Additionally, you will:
• Lead with Heart – display empathy and compassion for your patients, customers, caregivers and colleagues on your team
• Motivate, inspire and develop your Pharmacy Support Staff by balancing assignments that maximize colleagues' strengths, address development opportunities and decrease knowledge gaps
• Identify critical business opportunities and meaningful solutions to drive growth and improve performance in your pharmacy
• Successfully implement those solutions by leading your team to achieve specified goals
• Adapt to change and adjust plans to thrive in a dynamic community healthcare setting
• Seek new ways to grow, collaborate with others and deliver better outcomes
• Align others around purpose to gain support and commitment
• Actively contribute to a ‘team' culture that promotes caring, energy, enthusiasm and pride
• Apply acquired knowledge to help drive healthy outcomes and differentiate CVS from competitors
*The above represents a summary of the functions of a Staff Pharmacist. Additional functions and physical requirements are available on the full job description.
What is special about a CVS Pharmacy y más store?
• Bilingual Customer Service: Fully bilingual associates and signage throughout the store
• New Products: More than 1,500 unique products throughout the store, including many of the most popular Hispanic brands in categories like groceries, over-the-counter medications, household cleaners, snacks, appliances, cookware, cosmetics, baby, and hair care.
• Expanded Services: Bill payments, domestic and international wireless recharge, money transfers, and lottery.
• Active Pharmacy License in the state in which you are employed
• Ability to effectively communicate and counsel patients in Spanish
• Not on the DEA Excluded Parties List
• Immunization Certification through an accredited organization (i.e. APhA)*
• No pending felony charges or convictions for criminal offenses involving controlled substances Submission of required information/documents to your state PMP administrator to register for PMP access (in states with active PMP for pharmacist use)
Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or Pharm. D. degree
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website