The Customer Growth Strategy Team within the Front Store team at CVS Health, is on a journey of reimagining personalized customer engagement across critical retail touchpoints – including our loyalty programs, promotions strategies, and Digital experience. With tens of millions of active and highly engaged ExtraCare members, we are laser focused on creating innovative personalized experiences that makes her excited to shop, and motivates her to come back and shop again.
Growing personalized customer engagement directly drives customer satisfaction and topline sales, and is essential for driving future growth. We are looking for the best, the brightest and the most passionate customer visionaries to join our team and help us deliver on this initiative.
The Customer Growth Strategy Director will be responsible for taking personalized customer engagement to the next level and will play an integral role on a team reshaping customer-centric thinking across CVS retail. This role will identify and manage actionable customer cohorts, and then create personalized customer experiences and interactions that are innovative, easy to consume, and exceed customer expectations. You will touch and work with many teams, including Merchandising, Digital, Customer Insights and Marketing.
You will report to the Senior Director of Customer Growth Strategy, with consistent exposure and engagement with VP and SVP levels.
Customer Cohort Segmentation
• Lead a major initiative to reimagine how we consider and use new customer cohorts / segmentation and develop actionable strategies to drive meaningful outcomes.
• Work with teams to develop innovative and out-of-the-box personalization strategies across customer cohorts, this may include new communication approaches and experiences, cadence strategies, offer strategies, methods of offer delivery, new external partnerships, etc.
• Provide key strategic Front Store business and category insights with a customer lens, including activations around the customer cohorts / segmentations.
• Drive customer profitability through discovery of customer patterns and behaviors.
• Drive personalized engagement through reimagined experiences with our promotion strategies, digital footprint and loyalty programs, as well as special format retail locations; and, any and all connection points across those interactions.
• Size and scope customer engagement growth opportunities, using data, analytics, industry findings, and cross-functional partnership, ultimately developing a business case with a path to growth, an execution plan, and partnership buy-in.
• Frame and drive customer analyses that prove / disprove key hypotheses to inform business priorities.
7+ years' experience in customer growth and development, data-driven marketing, personalization, and/or strategy development in a retail or consulting environment.
Strong leadership skills, with the ability to prioritize and deliver on multiple concurrent initiatives that have significant financial impact. Flexible and can tolerate ambiguity and still operate effectively
· Excellent communicator, both verbal and written, with the ability to influence at all levels of the organization. Keen ability to distill complex ideas into simpler frameworks and illustrations. Outstanding strategic thinking and analytical skills. Demonstrated ability to envision the future state, test hypotheses, and synthesize facts and insights into concrete, actionable strategies and tactical plans.
· Demonstrated passion for utilizing data to surface customer insights --- knowledge of analytical approaches, as well as clear demonstrated customer analytics is critical
· Proven ability to work across multiple simultaneous projects with high time demands, and deliver impactful and mistake-free work product
· Demonstrated capability to deliver work and provide positive leadership in fast-paced, multi-project team-oriented environment
· Experience in utilizing personalized marketing vehicles to influence customer behavior –solid understanding of financial and operational functioning of targeted marketing vehicles
BA/BS. MBA strongly preferred
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website