CVS is dedicated to helping people on their path to better health. To support this, the Health Services product team's scope focuses on improving the quality and accessibility of healthcare, including COVID-19 testing, MinuteClinic digital experience, telehealth / virtual care, HealthHUB tools, vaccination scheduling, clinical trial enrollment, and more.
The Product Owner (PO) is a member of the Agile Product Team responsible for defining Stories and prioritizing the Team Backlog. This is an instrumental role in driving day to day development for a digital health services program that generates significant business value to the organization and touches millions of consumers. This role plays a significant role in enabling the technical components which power the customer experience. This PO will be responsible for working with 3-5 teams to understand the customer experience and build necessary APIs and services with the technology team. Responsible for streamlining the execution of team priorities while maintaining the conceptual and technical integrity of the features/ components for the team, the PO has a significant role in quality control and is the only team member empowered to accept stories as done. This PO role will support the Health Services agile product team. This role has significant relationships and responsibilities outside the local team, including working with Product Management, who is responsible for the Program Backlog, to prepare for the Program Increment (PI) Planning meeting.
User Story Development
- Works with product management and stakeholders to align on business value, problem statements, and customer pain points that are strategic priorities for CVS Health
- Provides subject matter expertise – explaining product vision and user stories to the team to ensure requirements are understood and customer value is delivered
- Collaborates with development team to elaborate and define technical learnings into refined and prioritized backlog items that align to Iteration Objectives
- Responsible for defining and prioritizing stories that will increase velocity and quality of the program
- Responsible for assuring a level of quality has been achieved by validating that the Story meets acceptance criteria and has met acceptance tests. Approves stories as complete.
- Responsible to update product management on Story status to align on delivery expectations
Team Backlog Ownership/Prioritization
- Responsible for building, prioritizing, monitoring/editing, and maintaining the flow of Team Backlog to ensure the delivery of the customer satisfaction and multi-million dollar business value
- Sets the runway for early business value and customer impact by determining sequencing of sprint planning
- Leads the team in identifying dependencies and tradeoffs as well as problem solving risks that may appear in the Team Backlog
Program Increment Planning
- Partner with Product Management, who is responsible for the Program Backlog, to assist in preparing for the Program Increment (PI) Planning meeting
- Identify the potential enablers and spikes for discussion in the Program Increment
- Drafts the team's objectives and defines features for the Program Increment session
- Collaborates with the team to produce the PI system demo and the Product Owner presents to program stakeholders
- Maintain Conceptual and Technical Integrity of Features/Components
- Partner with design function to consider usability testing and end-user feedback to ensure product will address and resolve user pain points
- Provide architecture and development teams sufficiently detailed feedback on user stories and product vision to ensure the team maintains the technical integrity of features / functionality
3+ years required experience as Product Owner, Business Analyst, Project Manager, Consulting, IT, or related field. Previous experience in agile product development helpful
2+ years required experience owning and building APIs and web services for internal and external enablement
2+ years experience in working with REST APIs, developing API specs and end to end ownership of services.
Strong critical thinker who makes balanced, insightful decisions using solutions based thinking in problem solving, asking probing questions and looking for underlying issues
Ability to effectively work on teams within a highly collaborative environment
Strong negotiation, organizational, management, analytical and people skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors)
Ability to maintain working relationships with all levels of the organization
Broad understanding of core programming, systems architecture, and date science concepts
Experience in corporate retail or loyalty program experience preferred. Digital Reach an Ad Tech a plus.
Familiarity with agile processes, such as scrum, Kanban, and/or the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website