Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a ground-breaking moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation's premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we're pioneering a bold new approach to total health.
At Aetna, we're pioneering a total approach to health and wellness.
Aetna's Provider & Network Analytics team delivers strategically impactful programs and tools that expand convenient access to high-quality and affordable care for all members across multiple channels across all stages of life. This position will play a critical role within a cross-functional team, delivering powerful solutions that inform network strategy and design, improve network performance and provider engagement, develop new provider offerings, and enhance consumer experience.
You will be part of a fast-paced, innovative, collaborative team, helping solve problems, drive impact, and deliver key insights to our customers by leveraging innovations in data science, machine & deep learning, and predictive modeling techniques. You will derive meaning from data and deploy robust solutions through provider-directed engagement channels (e.g., digital) that helps consumers identify affordable care, when they need it, and with whom.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Applies experience from strategy consulting, analytics, and data engineering to successfully act as the product owner for multiple analytics initiatives. Regarded as a specialist with deep content specific knowledge.
• Consults with internal clients to identify opportunities to implement data science solutions to business problems at an advanced level.
• Acts as an analytics product owner translating business needs into analytics projects and actions. Ability to structure data analysis, driving analytics insights and analytical solutions to help data scientists determine the best analytical solution.
• Understanding key drivers of business value and being able to translate into business opportunities and frame them as analytical problems. eg how to grow business?
• Ability to translate business problems into analytical solutions by knowing appropriate models to suggest to data scientists.
• Understands and recommends modeling techniques to data scientists. Presents recommendations to senior staff and internal clients.
• Mentors more junior team members. Shares insights across teams. Reviews work of more junior team members.
• Autonomously leads the client relationship.
• Leads development of solutions with high complexity and risk.
• Consults on the creation of analytics solutions that effectively weigh business and technical tradeoffs using an advanced understanding of business strategy as well as relevant big data environment topics.
• Acts as an analytics product owner translating business needs into analytics projects and actions.
• Collaborates with business partners to understand their problems and goals, develop predictive modeling, statistical analysis, data reports and performance metrics.
• Minimum 7 years total business experience
• 2+ years of people management experience
• 4 years of business experience leading analyses and initiatives with track record of business impact.
• 4 years' experience strategy consulting or on strategy teams in large companies
• 3 years' experience programming using R, Hadoop, or Python
• Strong knowledge of advanced analytics tools and languages to analyze large data sets from multiple data sources.
• Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur.
• Healthcare sector experience preferred
• Demonstrates strong ability to communicate technical concepts and implications to business partners.
• Demonstrates proficiency in most areas of mathematical analysis methods, machine learning, statistical analyses, and predictive modeling and in-depth specialization in some areas.
• Bachelor degree in quantitative field, or an equivalent combination of formal education and experience.
• Master's degree in quantitative field or MBA strongly preferred.
Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10%
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website