• Lead technical architecture initiatives for multiple value streams (e.g., Agile/SAFe Release Train), helping to ensure successful product deliveries
• Manage the evolution of architectural roadmaps for your domain, showing how new features are released or updated, with an eye on paying down technical debt with minimal disruption. Identifies opportunities to leverage common solutions for cross-cutting concerns
• Partner with key stakeholders to establish and adopt architectural best practices, guidelines, and standards. Evangelize, mentor, and coach all on the same.
• Lead Proof-Of-Concepts and Spike Solutions, and provide “Reference Architectures” and “Baseline Implementations” when appropriate
• Provide guidance, direction and mentorship to Sr. Architects
• Provide guidance to developers and other stakeholders regarding the design of server applications, encompassing APIs and micro-services, containers, databases, cloud infrastructures, and cloud services, etc.
• Ensure all Non-Functional Requirements (e.g. performance, availability and fail-over, scalability, security, etc.) are properly articulated, and work with all parties to guarantee that the software products that are delivered meet these objectives
• Drive buy vs build evaluations, including consideration of OSS
• Participates in high-level estimation
• 10-15 years as a software developer/architect. Lead technical architecture initiatives for multiple value streams (e.g. Agile/SAFe Release Train).
• Experience and proficiency with modern languages, frameworks, and technologies such as Java, Python, Node.js, messaging queuing infrastructures, as well as AWS or GCP cloud infrastructure and services
• Significant experience with the design and development of complex systems; employs a disciplined and rigorous approach
• Substantial experience with requirements analysis, estimation, systems and application design, and testing
• Experience designing RESTful APIs that facilitate a superior UX or simplify systems integration
• Expert with popular Design Patterns catalogues
• Experience with RDBMS and/or NoSQL databases. Understands the benefits and trade-offs of both. Familiar with normalization and denormalization, sharding, and other data-centric patterns
• Substantial experience with distributed computing architectures, including race conditions, parallelism, and concurrency control
• Demonstrated technical team leadership
• Excellent collaboration, influencing, evangelization, negotiation, coaching, mentoring, and coalition-building skills. Ability to work with persons in all job functions (e.g. product, UX, developers, QA, DevOps)
• Excellent verbal and written communications
• Ability to manage multiple competing priorities with minimal supervision. Self-directed
• A great team player, with demonstrable experience delivering superior software products via agile methodologies
• Experience on an Agile team
• Experience with micro-services
• Experience architecting solutions for AWS or Google clouds
• Experience with distributed caching solutions; understands the factors that enable effective caching
• Exposure to Big-Data and/or Machine Learning
• Exposure to CI/CD and DevOps
• Experience with SAFe Software Development Principles
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a closely-related discipline, or an equivalent combination of formal education and experience
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website