At the Optical Center Inside CVS, our mission is to help people on their path to better health, and look great while doing it. Our focus is world class quality of patient care, combined with best in class customer service and technology to deliver an outstanding eyecare and eyewear experience. We offer flexible work schedules and a competitive compensation packages. As part of the largest pharmacy healthcare company in the US, a career with the Optical Center Inside CVS offers opportunity for leadership growth and development.
The Licensed Optician is responsible for delivering key customer experiences and results through our brand pillars: innovation, collaboration, caring, integrity, and accountability. Ensures our customers always come first and helps to develop the optical skill of others.
* Always put the customer first, make a connection and engage in their needs
* Uses optical skills and experience to educate patients on the best eyecare and eyewear solutions
* Able to problem solve and be solution oriented
* Fosters Teamwork and collaboration-assist associates with optical questions and problem solving
* Consistent delivery of key performance indicators
* In depth understanding of key differentiators and solutions for customers: lenses, frames, services
* Ensures finished eyewear meets optical standards
* Conducts preliminary tests for the optometric doctor where appropriate
* Pulls insurance authorizations, claims management, and patient education
* Take pride in the work environment, including store cleanliness and presentation
* State Licensure (if applicable) active and in good standing
* Optical Dispensing Experience
* Maintain a valid ABO. Applicable in licensed states only per state requirement
* Developed communication skills, both verbal and written
* Knowledge of current optical theory and eye health
* Knowledge of optical industry lens, frame, insurance, and problem solving principals
* Strong track record of cross-functional collaboration
* Awareness of current fashion trends
* Strong Sales and Customer Service Skills
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires its Colleagues in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
- If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 30 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 60 days of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
- If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 30 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
Optical Retail Sales
* High School Graduate or equivalent
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website