The CVS Private Fleet team is looking for a Logistics Transportation Manager who will grow at our Knoxville TN location. CVS Health is reimagining our supply chain to serve customers no matter where they are in their path to better health. This role will support a team of local professional private fleet drivers, office supervisor, non-exempt administration staff and a third-party maintenance provider to provide world class transportation service including outbound store deliveries, backhauls and reverse logistics.
In this role, the ideal candidate will:
• Deliver transportation KPI's by focusing on asset optimization, improving fuel economy, route optimization & waste reduction
• Deliver transportation service KPI targets
• Ownership of all transportation cost control and productivity targets; provide forecasts and analysis related to transportation P&L
• Monitor driver safety compliance and administration of DOT compliance programs
• Ability to adjust delivery routes based upon capacity to optimize runs
• Support the development of CVS processes and procedures to create uniformity across the network
• Serves as first line of communication for all transportation related issues
• Works independently to resolve issues & communicates accordingly when additional input is needed
• KPI reporting at the corporate level on fleet utilization and optimization
• Develop and communicate key initiatives across the organization including senior leadership
• Partner with leaders across the organization to leverage private fleet utilization opportunities
• Facilitate owned equipment registration and license renewals IFTA and State Fuel Tax Reporting
• Manage fleet capacity to growth forecast and historical trending, equipment reallocation
• Administer required company training programs
• Establish and sustain recruiting, hiring, training, developing, and retaining of quality drivers and associates
• Support Supply Chain transformation efforts through data driven decision making and business case development
• Manage third-party maintenance provider ensuring quality, standards and financial objectives are meet.
• Play an integral role to help define CVS Health's network strategy and optimize product flow through our supply chain
• Collaborate with other CVS fleet locations to share best practices, leverage resources/assets, etc.
• Develop and execute annual financial P&L and operating plan
• Ensure account payable billings and payroll are prepared timely and are accurately reflected in the P&L
• Lead a culture of safety by executing and supporting a continuous improvement plan to reduce accident and injury frequency
• Proactively identify and correct unsafe conditions, work processes, and behaviors
• Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies, company policies and procedures
• Identify opportunities for improvement and challenge the status quo
• Utilize available metrics to monitor and maximize customer efficiencies and achieve cost savings.
• Lead effort to improve fleet/equipment utilization, maintenance availability and fuel efficiency and contribute to equipment specification as the fleet renews equipment
• Build a strong working relationship with local third-party maintenance provider and other equipment vendors
• Build a strong working relationship and partnership with CVS Health Distribution Center Leadership team
• 5+ years of related transportation functional experience
• 3+ years managerial or supervisory experience with DOT regulated positions
• 3+ years develop and execute annual financial P&L and operating plan
• 1+ year of proficiency with computers including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint
• 1+ year of experience with driver recruiting, training and develop
• 1+ years of experience with Private Fleet or Third-Party retail transportation (DC to stores, etc.) functional experience.
• Experience with route and load planning optimization tools
• Must have ability to connect and build rapport and relationships with drivers, colleagues, internal and external customers at all levels
• Proven record of excellence leading a transportation team to consistently exceed established goals in a dynamic environment
• Must have ability to work efficiently with time management and organizational skills with follow-up and follow through
• Ability to manage through a problem and think and make decisions independently
• Ability to drive process improvement and lead change
• Must demonstrate ownership & responsibility for running the operation with a sense of urgency
• Strong written/oral communication including the ability to present in front of others, and demonstrate active listening skills are required
• Willingness to work the required schedule with some flexibility.
Verifiable High School diploma or GED is required.
Bachelor's Degree preferred
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website