The Medical Director, Recruitment will serve as a member of the CTS Medical Affairs team, a strategic partner to the Recruitment business line, and a supporting partner to all CTS functions and stakeholders involved in clinical research.
The Medical Director provides clinical business support to
the entire business unit and provides clinical oversight and guidance for Account Management, Recruitment Product, Recruitment Operations, Commitment on Diversity & Equity (CODE) and Conduct Recruitment, pipeline activities and provision of clinical leadership and support to various internal stakeholders (e.g., Aetna, Privacy, Business Development, Enterprise Analytics, Compliance, Legal, Quality).
The Medical Director, Recruitment will lead the scientific review, screening and analysis of protocols and recruitment study opportunities. He/she will detail the end-to-end patient journey from symptoms to diagnosis to treatment to be used in identification, engagement and content development for patients in a broad set of therapeutic areas.
The incumbent will serve as a key player in problem identification and escalation of study, safety, and practical issues. Our metric of success is finding the right patient for the right trial for CVS-CTS.
The Medical Director, Recruitment will use his/her skills in the review of medical literature and evaluation of internal and external data sources both structured and unstructured for identification of patients for clinical trials and to support algorithms to identify potential research subjects.
Post-review, he/she will collaborate with the analytical teams to create and publish feasibility funnels and consider optimal recruitment approaches.
The Medical Director will report to the Chief Medical Officer RWE/Recruitment and is responsible for clinical support and consultative activities across CTS Trial Delivery including working collaboratively with operational teams.
This position also supports internal research activity (Clinical Trial Advisory Committee) and responds to customer inquiries, as required.
This position has responsibility to ensure that CVS CTS consistently and accurately adheres to regulatory standards.
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
MD, PharmD or equivalent with research experience:
• 5+ years experience in Biopharma, CRO, AMC or Site Network working in Clinical Research or equivalent areas
• 3+ years of experience with clinical trial design and execution
• 2+ years of leadership experience across clinical, medical affairs or clinical operations
• Strong track record of scientific and clinical inquiry
• Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills and ability to interface with customers
• Proven skills as an effective team player who can engender credibility and confidence within and outside the company
• Ability and strong desire to be hands-on
• Possess a results-oriented work ethic and be a critical thinker for problem solving
• Prior experience with the following relevant work:
o Clinical research concepts, practices, and regulations
o Drug information and clinical study design interpretation
o Patient recruitment
o Business development in clinical research
o Patient protection and privacy regulations
o Data quality standards
o Assessing clinical research portfolio opportunities
o Influencing and collaboration
o Risk assessment and mitigations
o Research and information retrieval
• Ability to work across multiple stakeholders
• Ability to identify and communicate critical issues, take complex scientific information and communicate it clearly and effectively to
diverse audiences in a clear and concise manner
• Willingness and ability to flex and thrive in an ambiguous environment undergoing transformational change
• Ability to work with teams of pharmacists to develop clinical programs/guidance for physicians and other prescribers
• Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and deadlines
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
Prior experience in health care policy, evolving US health care system, and other related fields:
• Prior experience in registry programs
• Prior experience in data science or epidemiology
• Ability to enhance external credibility and represent the company in external speaking opportunities, and media and advocacy engagements
MD or DO
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Apply on company website