Health is everything. At CVS Health, our colleagues are committed to increasing access, lowering costs and improving quality of care. In this Director level role, you will have the opportunity to have a significant impact in the Medicare segment of CVS Health's business that includes the SilverScript (PDP), a proud member of the CVS Health family of companies, that offers affordable, high quality coverage to more than 5 million people with Medicare. As an insurer chosen to help launch the Medicare Part D program in 2006, SilverScript has grown to become one of America's largest stand-along Medicare Part D insurers.
In this high impact position, you will assume a highly visible role and responsibility to lead discussions and engage in strategic negotiations on high-value rebate contracts in Medicare Part D. This includes management of the business relationship with pharmaceutical manufacturers, and contracting for discounts on branded pharmaceutical products. You will engage with cross functional teams across the organization and you will partner on high profile negotiation strategies.
We are searching for a confident, creative professional with a background in complex contract negotiations that has led and cultivated multiple business relationships. Your strategic vision, critical thinking, and creativity will aid in your success. Coordination of key decision makers and ability to elevate critical issues will be key. A professional presence, excellent presentation and communication skills are essential in the engagement and interaction process with manufacturers and internal colleagues.
Additional duties include:
• You will work closely with the Vice President of Trade Relations in the negotiation strategies with market access functions of branded pharmaceutical manufacturers.
• You will lead discussions and negotiations for rebates in Medicare Part D where CVS is the PBM, providing input and recommendations for formulary strategies and positioning, and negotiating contracts that support those strategies.
• You will positively develop and foster strong relationships with direct manufacturers and industry partners.
• You will deliver account management support for one or more specific therapeutic areas.
• You will be accountable for Rebate contracting with assigned manufacturers.
Ideally, this position will be located out of our offices in Solon, OH, Northbrook, IL or Bloomington, MN. A work from home arrangement may be considered for a candidate with substantial experience.
Join the company helping people on their path to better health! Our organization offers a competitive benefit package including vacation and holiday paid time off, health/dental/vision insurance, work/life balance, employee discounted stock purchase program, 401K, tuition reimbursement, and employee discounts at all CVS stores..
• 6 years experience in managed care which may include PBM, Pharma, market access, account management, specialty pharmacy, or health plan experience.
• Prior to COVID-19, this role required 10-15% travel as necessary.
• 8+ years experience in managed care which may include PBM, Pharma, market access, account management, specialty pharmacy, or health plan experience.
• 8+ years of experience negotiating contracts in the Healthcare or PBM industry preferred
• Background and experience with Medicare Part D preferred.
Bachelor's degree required
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website