The Pipeline Services Advisor assists in the management strategy of pharmaceutical pipeline agents which are projected to account for over $100 Billion in US drug spend over the next three years. Provides daily surveillance of developments in the pipeline, assesses for relevance, and processes accordingly into the Pipeline team's products and services. Leads the clinical content development and review of all client-facing pipeline reports and publications. Responsible for literature evaluation and writing place in therapy and impact assessments for products in the pipeline, in support of multiple internal business partner groups and executives.
The Advisor leads the provision of pipeline expertise support for the Pharmaceutical and Technology Evaluation Committee (PTEC), which drives the business and clinical strategy of the Specialty Pharmacy business unit.
Provides clinical assessment and strategic direction for Industry Relations teams on emerging pipeline entities in high impact spend categories. The Advisor serves as a liaison to other departments (e.g. Specialty Pharmacy, Sales & Account Management, Actuarial Services, Analytic Consulting Services, Enterprise Analytics, Marketing) and committees (e.g., National Pharmacy & Therapeutics Committee, Expert Physician Panels, Trend Committee, Specialty New Product Launch Strategy) regarding pipeline pharmaceutical clinical issues by communicating timely and relevant clinical information.
This position can be located in a CVS Health Northbrook office or has the ability to work remotely/work from home within the U.S.
- At least 4 years experience in a health care setting
- Pharmacist licensure in state of residence
- Broad knowledge across multiple complex disease states (e.g. oncology, immunology, neurology, endocrinology, cardiology, etc.) of the current landscape of drug therapy and the unmet medical needs therein
- Proficiency in MS Office, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent clinical and analytical skills. Proficiency in on-line literature retrieval and evidence-based medicine.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills, including the ability to tailor the message to the specific audience (including Executive level) and to coach others to do the same
- Ability to direct one's own understanding of new and/or less familiar disease states in order to determine a potential place in therapy for a new medication
- Proofreading documents for accuracy, spelling, grammar, and content with excellent attention to detail.
- Detailed knowledge of the landscape in the key drug classes impacting client trend
- Project management concepts, tools, and practices
- Process improvement experience
- Ability to analyze drug and medical claims data in order to identify utilization trends and extrapolate these into projection model methodology
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and influence others within the organization and cross functionally, in and outside of the immediate business unit
- Completion of pharmacy residency and/or fellowship
- Pharmacy board certification
- Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) experience or certification
Doctor of Pharmacy
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website