Do you want to make a difference in someone's life?
Are you ready to have a career with purpose?
At CVS Health, our Pharmacy Technicians are at the forefront of our purpose of helping people on their path to better health. As a Pharmacy Technician in one of our retail stores, you'll use your knowledge and skills to help thousands of people in your community get the medications they need to live healthier lives.
As the first point of contact for our patients and their caregivers, you'll have the opportunity to shape their customer experience and make each interaction outstanding. You'll be empowered to do this through a suite of tools and resources that help you and your team maintain operational excellence and provide custom services that save your patients time and money. As a member of the team, you'll accomplish your goals and contribute to something bigger –impacting patient lives.
Whether you're new to pharmacy or an expert technician, we offer full- and part-time positions for all skill levels. We also provide education and training so that you can grow professionally and personally while staying up to date on new products and services, and innovative ways to care for your patients. New technicians are required to complete our extensive training program for Pharmacy Technicians and satisfy all registration, licensing and certification requirements according to your state's Board of Pharmacy guidelines.
The pharmacy is a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, where each interaction has intention and the team works together for a shared purpose. If this excites you, please join our team of dedicated Pharmacy Technicians who demonstrate our core values of Accountability, Caring, Collaboration, Innovation and Integrity in everything they do, every day. We are ready to help you achieve your career goals!
Please note in select markets the collective bargaining agreement rules regarding the Pharmacy Technician would apply.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.Routine Job Functions
- Lives our purpose of helping people on their path to better health by engaging customers to learn about their health and medications.
- Creates genuine human connections by focusing on service, and keeping patients and caregivers top of mind at all times.
- Demonstrates compassion and care by proactively identifying and resolving potential problems.
- Communicates among a number of individuals, including patients, co-workers, insurance companies, and prescribers
- Works on a team to fulfill prescription orders from start to finish with an in-depth understanding of each workstation
- Understands and follows applicable Federal and State laws (e.g., HIPAA), regulations (e.g., OSHA), professional standards, and ethical principles.
- Complies with CVS policies and procedures to ensure patient safety, and protect patient privacy and security.
- Actively seeks opportunities to expand clinical, technical and insurance knowledge.
- Balances quality and efficiency in all tasks, contributing to both patient outcomes and broader team goals.
- As allowable in applicable states, certified and trained Pharmacy Technicians can expand on their clinical and managerial responsibilities, including administering vaccinations.
- Standing / walking for an extended period of time.
- Near vision; ability to see details at close range to perform activities such as: transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, reading, visual inspection involving small parts
- Wrist / finger speed; ability to make fast, simple, repetitive movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists.
- Ability to push and pull objects, including drawers and other items of similar weight, as well as reaching overhead.
- Ability to handle and work with small instruments and objects.
- Bending/squatting/leaning to a considerable degree and requiring full use of the lower extremities and back muscles.
- Is able to load and unload trays/cases/totes (30 pound maximum to a height of 4 feet).
- Auditory attention; ability to focus on a single source of sound in the presence of other distracting sounds.
- Effective verbal communication; expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken word, especially when detailed or important instructions must be conveyed accurately.
- Ability to move quickly from one task to another according to the needs of the pharmacy.
- The ability to concentrate on a task for significant periods of time.
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Licensure requirements vary by state. Learn more by visiting your state's Board of Pharmacy website or asking the hiring manager.
- Previous experience in a pharmacy, retail, medical, or customer service setting.
- Previous experience as a Pharmacy Technician.
- National Certification from an accredited pharmacy technician certification program approved by specific state regulations (e.g. PTCB, ExCPT, etc.).
- High School diploma or equivalent (preferred).
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation's largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking AA EEO CVS Health
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/
Apply on company website