As a Pharmacy Technician - Clinical Support Services you will be assisting the pharmacist and communicating directly with patients over the telephone, scheduling medication deliveries, tracking lab data, billing, and prior authorization, among other duties. The Pharmacy Technician is essential to ensuring all patients receive their medication in a friendly and timely manner. The Pharmacy Technician – Clinical Support Services position is responsible for utilizing their clinical knowledge and excellent customer service skills to provide our patients with the smooth service and delivery of their medication to their homes. You will make a difference by bringing your personal touch and clinical experiences that will support our patient's one on one care.
As part of the Coram CVS/specialty infusion team, you will have an important, uniquely rewarding role putting your Pharmacy Technician skills and experiences to work in a closed door practice setting. CVS is a national leader in the home infusion field, as you will be leading an innovative and bold initiative aimed at transforming health care and pharmacy leveraging new and emerging information technologies and channels.
Additional responsibilities of the Pharmacy Technician – Clinical Support Services include:
- Assist the pharmacist in obtaining authorization for pharmacy services as requested; validate insurance coverage and communication with patients.
- Gather information for the initial admission of new patients and review all new charts to ensure that all necessary nursing paperwork is included.
- Manage the schedule for patient deliveries, manage inventory, create and maintain supply templates in the pharmacy computer data base.
- Document all supply management activities in the patient medical record.
- Participate in on call rotation as indicated by staffing and business needs.
- Active state Pharmacy Technician license required as outlined by state guidelines
- Must obtain National Pharmacy Technician Certification within one year of hire
- Minimum of 1+ years of pharmacy technician experience
- National Pharmacy Technician certification preferred
- 2+ years of pharmacy technician experience
Verifiable High School diploma or GED is required.
It's a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation's premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we're pioneering a bold new approach to total health. Coram CVS/specialty infusion services is a leading national provider of specialty home infusion and specialty pharmacy services providing infusion therapies and services to over 20,000 patients each month.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or email@example.com. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.
Apply on company website