This can be a fully remote opportunity
This key position will lead the pricing function for Aetna Voluntary's group supplemental benefits portfolio (Accident, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity).
- Reports to the Director of Actuarial & Underwriting for Aetna Voluntary
- Lead pricing actuary during new product development for Accident, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity product lines
- Lead the rate filing process and assure compliance with applicable regulations, laws and standards
- Monitoring and managing product profitability for all Voluntary lines of business
- Partner with Underwriting and Sales Support through the development and maintenance of account level product pricing tools and rating recommendations
- Support the development of new actuarial metrics and decision support visualization tools
- Negotiate and influence sound business decisions through adherence to established risk management principles
- Independently collaborate with internal and external constituents
- 5+ years in voluntary or supplemental products preferred
- Must be an ASA or FSA and is typically a member of the American Academy of Actuaries (or other accredited actuarial organization) able to sign state rate filings and other required actuarial certifications
Additional Job Information
Opportunity to join a rapidly growing business and lead the pricing function within the Voluntary segment at Aetna.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Percent of Travel Required
0 - 10%
At Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website