As a member of the Enterprise Analytics team at CVS Health, you will be responsible for the design, development and delivery of analytic solutions. You will collaborate with business partners from product development and management, operations, finance, product, and medical affairs to demonstrate the value of CVS Health products and services. You will enable data-driven strategic decision making and find opportunities for existing product improvement and new product development. Your experience will include translating business needs into analytic questions and build Tableau dashboards. In this exciting role, you will design and conduct rigorous analyses of pharmacy data, medical claims and other data translating your analytic findings for appropriate business and customer audiences.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
-Collaborate with key internal and external partners to gather and analyze needs and requirements;
-Access data, construct and manipulate large data sets to support planned analyses, using SQL, SAS and similar tools;
-Conduct analyses of the data, ranging from descriptive ad-hoc analyses to in-depth investigations of healthcare utilization trends and outcomes with several statistical model approaches, such as regression modeling, time-series analyses, and machine learning techniques including random forests and ensemble models;
-Design and implement robust analytic and reporting solutions and support the identified needs;
-Build dynamic visualization tools with Tableau;
-Construct and deliver written reports of your findings in a variety of formats (reports, PPT, including visualization of your findings, formulate recommendations, and effectively present the results with non-analytic audiences;
-Tailor the analytic solution to the specific client need and constraints of delivery timelines;
-Apply creativity in developing analytic solutions based on available data sources, and representing analytic findings in reports, tools, and other media to support most effective translation and application for our customers;
-Manage complex projects related to a wide variety of financial, utilization, and clinical business needs.
To be considered for this exciting analytical opportunity, candidates will need to have a minimum of 2 years of professional experience in an analytics role. Graduate education may count toward required years of experience.
You will also need to have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Problem solving skills and experience constructing analytic solutions to business problems;
- Developing innovative analytic approaches leveraging available internal and external data sources;
- Experience interacting with and influencing decision-making by business audiences;
- Solid understanding and hands-on experience with a variety of analytic processes and techniques, including health economics outcomes research, development of measurement methodologies, hypothesis testing, statistical significance testing, modeling and machine learning;
- Experience developing methodology to measure program and intervention outcomes;
- Solid understanding and hands-on experience working with large data sources, particularly pharmacy or medical claims and clinical program data, focusing on efficient data extraction from large databases, data manipulation, and setting up optimized summary data layers;
- Extensive hands-on experience with SAS, SQL, Python, R, Tableau and other data, statistical, and data visualization tools and techniques, and ability to investigate and adapt emerging analytic tools and solutions into the analytic standard operating procedures;
- Experience developing dashboards using visualization tools such as Tableau;
- Understanding of the healthcare administration landscape and CVS Health business model, including patient and payer concerns, as well as the operational considerations in support of the business objectives.
- Experience working with multiple business areas, such as operations, finance, sales, product, and marketing;
- Experience conducting data analysis in healthcare settings;
- Working knowledge of healthcare industry products/services and operations, including pharmacy benefits utilization management programs, such as prior authorization and step therapy, with understanding of the underlying clinical considerations.
Bachelor's degree in qualitative field, such as statistics, biostatistics, analytics, epidemiology, public health, or economics. A graduate degree strongly preferred.
It's a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation's premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we're pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you'll be at the center of it all.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or email@example.com. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.
Apply on company website