This Sr. Data Engineer position lies within the newly formed Data Science Optimization team. DSO's mission is to accelerate the scientific, engineering, and commercial efforts of the 800+ data scientists and engineers in the Analytics & Behavior Change organization through data-driven solution development. You will be working cross-functionally with a diverse multi-disciplinary team of data scientists, data engineers, and machine learning engineers. Each project is ambitious and far reaching, with the potential to become a new internal standard, open source software, and/or differentiating intellectual property. Whether you're developing a niche package/library to enhance the data science workflow or engineering a highly generalizable machine learning system for the enterprise, know that there are millions of members, customers, and users being directly and indirectly affected by this work.
The role requires a keen sense of ownership, scrappiness, and initiative. If you have an insatiable curiosity for how things work, enjoy building things, are obsessed with measuring, and are energized by tackling complex problems, then we'd love to work with you.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Highly proficient in Python, SQL, shell scripting, Git.
• Substantive experience working with peta-scale data in a cloud environment (GCP, AWS, Azure).
• Thorough understanding of machine learning engineering principles such as distributed/parallel computing paradigms and advanced data structures.
• Experience building machine learning and ETL/ELT pipelines (Airflow, Kubeflow, Prefect) and deploying them to the cloud.
• Thorough understanding of and appreciation for data unit testing.
• Experience working with a cloud data warehouse such as BigQuery, Snowflake, or Redshift.
• Familiarity with modern libraries for scaling up workloads such as Dask, PyArrow, and Rapids.
• Strong collaboration and communication skills within and across teams.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires its Colleagues in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
- If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 30 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 60 days of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
- If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 30 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
• Experience developing real-time/streaming data pipelines.
• Familiarity with Fivetran, Stitch, DBT, or Dataflow.
• Proficiency in C++ or Java.
• Interested in mentoring junior team members.
• Strong organizational, management, and leadership skills.
• Ability to communicate technical ideas and results to non-technical clients in written and verbal form.
• Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline.
Master's degree or PhD preferred.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Machine Learning, or related discipline.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website