For this Senior Data Engineer opportunity, we are looking for a colleague with strong programming skills, big data knowledge, and work experience to join our team working on large scale data science projects. Experience with machine learning is highly preferred but not required.
As a Senior Data Engineer you will:
• Collaborate with the data science team to productionalize machine learning models, optimize pipelines, and scale AI projects.
• Develop large scale data structures and pipelines to organize, collect and standardize data that helps generate insights and address project delivery needs.
• Write ETL (Extract / Transform / Load) processes, designs database systems and develops tools for real-time and offline analytic processing.
• Use knowledge in Hadoop architecture, HDFS commands and experience designing & optimizing queries to build data pipelines.
• Use strong programming skills to build robust data pipelines and dynamic systems.
• Build data marts and data models to support Data Science and other internal customers.
• Integrates data from a variety of sources, assuring that they adhere to data quality and accessibility standards.
• Analyze current information technology environments to identify and assess critical capabilities and recommend solutions.
• Experiments with available tools and advice on new tools in order to determine optimal solution given the requirements dictated by the model/use case.
• 3+ years of relevant Data Engineering experience.
• Strong programming skills in Python.
• Experience with Spark, Hadoop, Hive, and SQL skills.
• Knowledge in Hadoop architecture, HDFS commands and experience designing & optimizing queries against data in the HDFS environment.
• Strong Knowledge of large-scale search applications and building high volume data pipelines.
• Strong problem-solving skills and critical thinking ability.
• Strong Collaboration and communication skills within and across teams.
CVS Health requires its Colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 10 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 45 days of your employment. In some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination before you can begin to actively work. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. In some states and roles, you may be required to have an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
• Experience with GCP and/or other Public Clouds.
• Experience with Java and Scala is highly preferred.
• Ability to leverage multiple tools and programming languages to analyze and manipulate data sets from disparate data sources.
• Ability to understand complex systems and solve challenging analytical problems.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Machine Learning, or related discipline
Master's degree or PhD preferred
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website