Senior UX Managers at CVS Health contribute to digital product design efforts and solve complex business challenges on large-scale initiatives across several projects simultaneously. They are user advocates who lead and guide the work of less experienced design colleagues, provide recommendations and influence strategic decision making, have an appetite for inclusion, and at a minimum have familiarity with and working knowledge of accessibility.
As an integral member of our Digital UX team, this position is responsible for managing 6-10 UX designers working across one or more scaled agile release trains.
This role supports one or more of the following businesses: CVS Pharmacy®, CVS Caremark®, CVS Specialty®.
• Hire and retain contract and full time UX designers
• Establish annual goals and provide ongoing performance feedback to full time staff
• Collaborate with other UX, Product, and Development managers to ensure alignment across projects
• Proactively work with reports to ensure high quality designs and stakeholder satisfaction
• Collaborate with other UX managers and UX director on UX strategy
• Work with agile leadership to ensure UX team quality and velocity meet team needs
• 7+ years of experience in team building and leadership involving direct, indirect, and non-reports
• Proven ability to work in a matrix team environment and demonstrate thought leadership and ability to influence where no direct line of control exists
• Ability to mentor and manage 3-10 direct reports
• Strong portfolio of work including examples of mobile web, desktop and app experiences
• Strong understanding of design system and component-based design
• Strong understanding of native mobile and responsive web platforms and designing UI solutions within them
• Ability to conceptualize, design, and deliver experiences.
• Ability to communicate user needs and demonstrate how proposed designs solve those to internal team and other stakeholders.
• Ability to collaborate with designers, strategists, managers, and technologists
• Ability to collaborate with product owners, scrum masters and engineering teams within an agile process
• Ability to present to senior stakeholders and build support UX work initiatives (Ability to direct the work of others)
• Knowledge of user-centered design philosophy and process
• Hands on experience with wire framing and prototyping tools
• Attention to detail and passion for excellence
• Experience in medical or other highly regulated fields
• Knowledge of HTML, CSS and other web technologies
• Experience with agile and lean software development practices
Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Information Design, Interaction Design, Product Design, Human Factors or equivalent/relevant work experience. Master's Degree Preferred.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website