As a Product Owner (PO) within the new Aetna Digitalization organization, this candidate is responsible for driving day to day development for an Experience team in support of the experience vision and is a member of the Agile Product Team responsible for defining Stories and prioritizing the Team Backlog.
The PO streamlines the execution of team priorities while maintaining the conceptual and technical integrity of the features/ components for the team. The PO has a significant role in quality control and is the only team member empowered to accept stories as done. This role has significant relationships and responsibilities outside the local team, including working with Product Management, who is responsible for the Program Backlog, to prepare for the Program Increment (PI) Planning meeting.
The Aetna Digitalization organization is a new, strategic organization where our mission is to transform end to end constituent experiences, drive down operating costs and improve outcomes by applying digital technologies and data analytics to delight our constituents and change the way we work.
• Works with Experience Owner and stakeholders to align on business value, problem statements, and constituent pain points that are strategic priorities for the assigned experience.
• Provides subject matter expertise – explaining product vision and user stories to the team to ensure requirements are understood and constituent value is delivered.
• Collaborates with development team to elaborate and define technical learnings into refined and prioritized backlog items that align to Iteration Objectives.
• Responsible for defining and prioritizing stories that will increase velocity and quality of the program.
• Responsible for assuring a level of quality has been achieved by validating that the Story meets acceptance criteria and has met acceptance tests. Approves stories as complete.
• Responsible to update Experience Owner and team on Story status to align on delivery expectations.
• Responsible for building, prioritizing, monitoring/editing, and maintaining the flow of Team Backlog to ensure the delivery of the constituent satisfaction and business value.
• Sets the runway for early business value and constituent impact by determining sequencing of sprint planning.
• Leads the team in identifying dependencies and tradeoffs as well as problem solving risks that may appear in the Team Backlog.
• Partners with Product Management, who is responsible for the Program Backlog, to assist in preparing for the PI Planning meeting.
• Identifies the potential enablers and spikes for discussion in the PI.
• Drafts the team's objectives and defines features for the PI session.
• Collaborates with the team to produce the PI system demo and the Product Owner presents it to program stakeholders.
• Partners with design function to consider usability testing and end-user feedback to ensure product will address and resolve user pain points.
• Provides architecture and development teams sufficiently detailed feedback on user stories and product vision to ensure the team maintains the technical integrity of features / functionality.
• 7+ years experience with several of the following methodologies: management consulting, project consulting, business process consulting, financial strategic analysis, mergers and acquisitions, strategic business planning, and/or risk management consulting.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires its Colleagues in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
- If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 30 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 60 days of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
- If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 30 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
• Demonstrated relationship management skills at the senior level; capacity to quickly build and maintain credible relationships at varying levels of the organization simultaneously.
• Demonstrated leadership with relevant initiatives: Business process, enterprise business project management/consulting, financial strategic planning and analysis, mergers and acquisitions, strategic planning, risk management.
• Demonstrated superior business process, project management and organizational redesign experience.
• Demonstrated experience successfully implementing change in complex organizations.
• Experience with enterprise-wide and/or cross-functional large scale initiatives with high degree of complexity
• Experience working in an Agile environment is preferred
• Masters degree preferred, but not required.
• College degree.
• Appropriate licensure or certification by discipline preferred.
At Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website