The ServiceNow Configuration Management Data architect is responsible for providing data architecture recommendations and designs related to ServiceNow configuration management capabilities and associated technologies. This individual will be the leading Configuration Management subject matter expertise (SME) and will collaborate with all associated stakeholders to understand requirements and gain consensus on improved system and operational solutions.
As a member of the Service Management Office leadership team, you will support the business by providing a world-class data platform that will enable end-to-end lifecycle of IT services, applications, and assets. This organization serves as a center of excellence to deliver services to all colleagues with a superior customer experience.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Act as a subject matter expert (SME) on the ServiceNow CMDB
• Promote ServiceNow and CMDB best practices and recommend out of the box solutions where appropriate.
• Delivery of a single source of truth for all configuration items (e.g. applications, servers, databases, etc. and their relationships)
• Ensure CMDB governance policies and best practices are followed.
• Partner with auto-discovery teams to improve management and quality of processes and procedures, ensuring alignment with ServiceNow-recommendations for CMDB and discovery configuration
• Drive process standardization and automation throughout all areas
• Regular review of current data model, processes, procedures and tools
• Proactive identification of data and functionality gaps in ServiceNow CMDB and auto-discovery
• Maintain reconciliation roles
• Responsible for the health, data integrity and overall relationships for the ServiceNow CMDB.
• Participates in platform upgrade planning, testing, and validation.
• Participate in projects including integrating efforts into a comprehensive strategy and delivering results on time.
• Writes and/or reviews system specifications, including output requirements, flow charts and technical diagrams.
• Minimum 8+ years of experience with diverse exposure to infrastructure technology
• 5+ Knowledge of ServiceNow CMDB, discovery and service mapping technologies
• 5+ Knowledge of ServiceNow common service data model
• 5+ Knowledge of ITIL processes and best practices.
• 5+ Knowledge of infrastructure components, platforms and services for both on-prem data centers and cloud technologies
• 5+ Experience with application architecture design principles.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires its Colleagues in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
- If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 30 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 60 days of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
- If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 30 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
• Minimum 10+ years of experience with diverse exposure to infrastructure technology
• Demonstrated skill designing and managing distributed enterprise environments.
• Experience designing and testing new technologies that will extend the corporate infrastructure.
• Demonstrated leadership in managing large scale corporate projects and/or technical staff.
• Experience which demonstrates strong communication and negotiation skills including navigating senior management.
Undergraduate college degree; Master's degree preferred.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website