The Software Asset Manager is responsible for leading a team to maintain accurate inventory of software assets and license compliance position, and to provide governance for compliance for licensed software for both client and server based products with internal policies, controls, and third party contracts. This includes planning, acquiring, deployment, management, and retirement of software assets. The scope includes the entire enterprise and processes necessary for the effective management, control, and protection of the software. The Software Asset Manager will also be responsible for periodic audits (internal and external).
In this role, the Software Asset Manager partners with CVS Health Finance, Tax, Strategic Sourcing, Procurement, Compliance, Global Security, Technology Portfolio Management, IT Renewals and Purchasing Operations, and IT Infrastructure teams to reconcile software deployments of license and maintenance entitlements, and ensure all accounting, regulatory, corporate and legal requirements are met and followed for IT software assets.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain an accurate inventory of software entitlements and deployments needed to continuously monitor license compliance position
• Maintain contractual compliance for both license count and allowed deployment/use in order to manage the risk associated with external supplier audits that can result in fines and penalties
• Lead external audit requests by collaborating with appropriate resources to ensure timely response to supplier and legal teams as necessary
• Support the contract execution and renewals processes by providing accurate information related to license allocation/usage, and maintain open dialog regarding license footprint
• Identify opportunities for cost optimization through license recycling and process improvements
• Drive towards a strategic integrated solution that reduces overhead and enables a cohesive approach to SAM across all lines of business
• Provide and maintain the data that enables teams to make quick decisions to improve license utilization while providing a better customer experience
• Formulate and implement processes, procedures and systems for tracking and analyzing software from requisition through retirement.
• Establish metrics and reporting for asset compliance.
• Document and maintain the policies and processes required for an effective SW asset program
• Regular reporting on the asset management program status, plans, and deficiencies
• Drive increased automation for asset management process efficiencies
• 10+ years of SAM experience with either Aspera, SNOW License Manager, ServiceNow SAM Pro, or other SAM Tools
• Strong knowledge of IT Service Management processes, as well as experience with Discovery tools
• Experience in leading software audits
• Understanding of contractual terms and conditions in software and SaaS agreements
• Knowledge of Software and SaaS principals and best practices, industry standards, tools & technology
• Knowledge of usage metrics for key Software and SaaS providers such as Microsoft (Office 365), Red Hat, Adobe, Oracle, IBM, Tableau, Etc.
• Demonstrated ability to influence the scope and direction of initiatives across multiple levels of management and organizational boundaries
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret data gathered from a variety of sources and recommend actions and solutions
• Demonstrated ability to use structured problem solving and available tools to quickly evaluate problems, identify root cause, create action plans, assess impact, and develop resolution options
• Strong communicator via all media: collaboration technologies (SharePoint, Teams, etc.) and presentations written, emails, verbal – with a wide variety of audiences
• Skilled communicator who influences and negotiates with great latitude on various outcomes for an entire Business/Segment/Function internally and externally
• Strong quantitative, analytical, problem solving skills, including the ability to accumulate, organize, and assimilate large amounts of information
• Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate and collaborate with employees and management at all levels.
IAITAM Certification, such as, CSAM, CHAMP, and CITAM.
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business Administration, or equivalent combination of education or experience.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website