As part of the Analytics & Behavior Change function, the Data Science team supports our mission to be a customer-centric, data-driven organization. This team develops advanced algorithms that are deployed at scale to support significant value delivery ($100M+ annual sales-driving growth) for ExtraCare – the CVS Loyalty Program – through program optimization and testing and scaling of personalization algorithms.
As a leader on this team, the Senior Director of Data Science will be responsible for the design, development, and deployment of a suite of advanced algorithms and optimization techniques that will be leveraged across all Front Store Loyalty and Personalization programs to optimize targeted messaging and content.
The Senior Director of Data Science will own the portfolio of data science models and AI/ML-based algorithms required to ensure our customers are engaged with and delighted by our content and messaging while enabling profitable sales growth for the CVS Front Store. This leader is responsible for managing and delivering high-quality analytics solutions to drive business value through innovation and execution.
This role reports to the Vice President of Loyalty and Personalization Analytics and leads a team of data science professionals focused on personalizing communications delivered through the loyalty program. The role will engage with key leaders across CVS Retail including Loyalty and Personalization, IT, Digital, Marketing, and partner teams in Enterprise Analytics to define the strategic data and analytics roadmap for Loyalty and Personalization
Core responsibilities of this role include:
• Algorithmic Portfolio: Oversee the development of models and algorithms that deploy advanced machine learning and optimization methods to drive personalized loyalty messaging and content
• Technical Leadership: Leverage your expertise of querying and modeling languages (SQL, Python, R, Spark) to provide hands-on technical leadership to assess performance of existing algorithms and to design new algorithms to support value-driving use-cases
• Engineering Excellence: Partner with Data Engineering, Product and IT teams to ensure machine learning solutions are deployed at scale, monitored and iteratively enhanced as appropriate
• Customer Focused Business Solutions: Own the analytical delivery roadmap for experimenting and scaling business solutions by collaborating with customer insights, business, go-to-market and experimentation teams
• Pragmatic Research and Innovation: Invest in exploring new approaches and techniques that could have an outsized impact and align appropriate resources to develop pragmatic modeling solutions
• Talent Strategy and Development: Instill a culture of innovation and lead team with a focus on developing advanced technical skills, structured problem solving approaches and structured communication
The ideal candidate for this role has experience deploying AI/ML-based data science solutions, is execution-focused with a bias for action, can manage a portfolio of high-impact business cases and leads with empathy. Typical set of experiences that will help demonstrate these skills include:
• 8+ years of experience leading development and deployment of algorithmic solutions at scale
• 5+ years of experience with core modeling skills including SQL, Python, R, Spark, etc.
• 5+ years of experience leading and managing a team of technical data science experts
• 5+ years of experience influencing organizations to pursue value-driving, data-led use-cases
• Knowledge of customer data platforms or analytical tools necessary to perform analytics at scale
• Experience with cloud technologies and leading development/migration of production-scale solutions on the cloud
• Experience being part of digital transformation at large organizations
• Experience with Recommendation Systems or Personalization Techniques
• Experience in Retail, CPG, Media, Marketing or other direct to consumer settings
• Required: Master's degree in a quantitative field
• Preferred: PhD in a quantitative field
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website