Health is everything. At CVS Health, we are committed to increasing access, lowering costs and improving quality of care. Millions of times a day, we're helping people on their path to better health – from advising on prescriptions to helping manage chronic and specialty conditions. Because we're present in so many moments, big and small, we have an active, supportive role in shaping the future of health care. Telepharmacy Technicians are at the forefront of our purpose as they deliver compassionate care to our patients every day.
The Telepharmacy Technician is responsible for all operations of a remote Telepharmacy location, where the Pharmacist oversight occurs from a separate Supervising Pharmacy location. Telepharmacy Technicians build upon the skills and responsibilities of the Pharmacy Technician, and are focused on leading pharmacy execution and performance, while building patient loyalty through a continuous focus on excellent customer service and supporting and facilitating communication with the Supervising Pharmacy/Pharmacist.
This position is responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day Telepharmacy operations within the store, including customer service, monitoring business metrics, inventory management and asset protection. This position provides an opportunity, in a leading retail pharmacy setting, to excel in a complex, high-impact patient-focused role and positively impact the lives of others. The ideal candidate must be able to triage telepharmacy tasks, balance efficiency with accuracy, work both independently and as a team in a fast-paced local and virtual environment, and achieve excellence in customer service through compassion and genuine care for all patients, while ensuring all medication needs and patient safety and regulatory compliance standards are met. This position demonstrates leadership agility, innovation, growth mindset, enterprise thinking, setting direction and delivering results. Telepharmacy Technicians must always demonstrate ethical conduct and maintain patient confidentiality.
The Telepharmacy Technician:
• Handles incoming and outgoing communications via telephone, audio/visual technology, fax, email or any other form of communications necessary.
• Attends to all patients and customers at the Telepharmacy counter(s), in-store or via telephone/telecommunications.
• Assists patients in using audio/visual and telecommunications technology to communicate with the Supervising Pharmacist remotely.
• Executes fulfillment activities for prescriptions, appropriately and according to State and Federal law.
• Works independently for day-to-day coordination and processing of patient medication orders.
• Communicates with on-site and remote pharmacy teams, medical staff, insurance companies, and customers alike to resolve issues, ensure accuracy, and delivers timely resolution of any medication or insurance related concerns.
• Performs all cash register transactions in adherence of CVS Telepharmacy policy and procedures, including managerial POS functions.
• Acts as the primary point of contact for questions related to any potential patient safety events, facilitating prompt communication with the Supervising Pharmacist.
• Manages the day-to-day activities and administration of the Telepharmacy, which may include daily and weekly reports, all communications to the store, email, all Hub tasks, as well as pharmacy scheduling
• Manages the daily business of the Telepharmacy operations, including prescriptions counts/pharmacy sales, customer service, inventory processes, myPatientCare Outcomes, immunization results (if offered at that location), and other business results as directed by the Supervising Pharmacy Manager.
• Ensures upkeep and maintenance of Telepharmacy equipment, computer terminals, monitors, Virtual Verification equipment, POS, A/V communications equipment, drive-through, flavoring and reconstitution stations, pharmacy sink area, TempAlert equipment etc., opening appropriate maintenance/repair tickets as necessary.
• Maintains compliance with all security/Asset Protection procedures, including the security of the pharmacy department, safe and pharmacy department access. This includes keyholder and alarm code responsibilities for the Telepharmacy and/or the store location, as well as performing opening and closing duties, as indicated in Telepharmacy policies and procedures
• Performs the functions of the Supervisor on Duty for the pharmacy department by maintaining all standards set by Asset Protection. This includes all policies and procedures regarding personal belongings in the pharmacy/Telepharmacy department, employee purchases, personnel access to the pharmacy/telepharmacy department, check-in process and documentation for controlled substances, returns processes and documentation for controlled substances, asset protection-initiated audits, cycle counts, and any other policies and procedures regarding asset protection.
• A minimum of 1-year full-time experience as a Pharmacy Technician; 3-5 years of experience is strongly preferred
• HS Diploma or General Equivalent Development
• PTCB National Certification or equivalent state-accepted national Pharmacy Technician certification, PTCB Advanced Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT-Adv) preferred.
• State Pharmacy Technician Registration/Licensure required
• Candidate must be able to demonstrate:
o Attention and Focus
- The ability to concentrate on a task for an extended period without being distracted
o Customer Service Orientation
- Actively look for ways to help people, and do so in a friendly manner
- Notice and understand customers' reactions, and respond appropriately
o Communication Skills
- Use and understand verbal and written communication to interact with customers and colleagues
- Actively listen by giving full attention to what others are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
o Mathematical Reasoning
- The ability to use math to solve a problem, such as calculating days' supply of a prescription
o Problem Resolution
- Able to judge when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong; recognizing there is a problem
- Chooses the best course of action when faced with a complex situation with several available options
- Able to assess business problems, create and execute an action plan to correct the root cause
• CVS Pharmacy Technician experience strongly preferred.
• Associates Degree
• High School diploma or equivalent (preferred)
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website