Provide oversight and direction in the development of competitive sales proposals in response to Request for Proposal (RFPs). Ensure effective process execution associated with accuracy, quality, and timely completion for all proposal work product across the team, including the Aetna IBU sales support team. Own the relationship with sales leaders and other key stakeholders to continuously enhance proposal expertise and leading-edge knowledge of sales strategies. Must possess an advanced understanding of complex RFP questions and requirements and how to effectively translate those back to CVS Health products, services, and contractual terms. Understand and apply knowledge of marketplace feedback and RFP evaluation processes to strengthen CVS Health's competitive advantage and overall value within final proposal documents. Identify RFP trends and RFP requirements and take a lead role in the ongoing development and implementation of best practices for the team. Provide leadership guidance on development of new tools/automation being deployed across the organization, assist with defining processes to support those tools and the training and engagement required to ensure success. Manage the process for hiring, training, and mentoring of all new recruits. Participate in thoughtful, meaningful career development for existing colleagues to strengthen the bench. Participate with other leaders in volume planning and ongoing process enhancements.
Manage, mentor, and motivate a team of proposal professionals in the development and delivery of pharmacy benefit management (PBM) proposals, including specialty pharmacy services, to support sales and revenue goals for the organization across all market segments (employers, health plans, government, coalitions, Medicare). Maintain expert knowledge of the PBM industry, including current/emerging pharmacy trend management strategies, current/emerging CVS Health enterprise offerings, and drivers of PBM and enterprise revenue/profitability. Possess strong understanding of PBM consultant marketplace with emphasis on RFP formats, requirements, and models. Apply that knowledge to provide direction for competitive positioning for CVS Health, and further use RFP materials to glean competitive insights. Collaborate with Sales, Underwriting, Legal, and other key stakeholders across the organization to develop competitive positioning and effective bidding strategies.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of building and leading high-performing teams to contribute to the goals of the business unit. The successful candidate will also have a track record that demonstrates the following abilities: developing and executing strategic business plans, working successfully in a cross-matrix environment, adapting and performing in a dynamic and changing environment, developing and leveraging a comprehensive understanding of CVS Caremark's enterprise assets, and a proven ability to challenge the business as the marketplace evolves to ensure we have appropriate level of visibility on emerging trends.
• Ability to bring about strategic change, both within the team and across the broader CFAP organization
• Rapidly adapts to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles
• Formulates objectives and priorities and implements plans consistent with the long-term interests of the organization in a global environment. Capitalizes on opportunities and identifies and manages risks.
• Develops the ability of others to perform and contribute to the organization by providing ongoing feedback and by providing opportunities to learn through formal and informal methods.
• Oversee and manage a department of 50+ colleagues
• Advanced knowledge of PBM sales, operations, marketplace required.
• Strong problem solving, management skills, leadership skills.
• Excellent writing and communication skills. Ability to work well in a multidisciplinary team environment, as well as independently.
• Demonstrated experience in managing complex work processes in a cross-department, team environment.
• Demonstrated success and experience in motivating individuals in a complete, fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
• Demonstrated experience working successfully with Sales and Account Services.
• Experience working in a geographically diverse company and in a matrix reporting environment
• 10-15 years professional work experience that includes experience in RFP/proposal project management
• Advanced knowledge of PBM and/or healthcare industry, with particular emphasis on RFP requirements
• Proven ability to manage, mentor, and motivate a team of highly skilled professionals in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
• Demonstrated ability to manage complex work processes in a cross-functional environment, successfully partnering, influencing, and building consensus amongst teams
• Advanced communication skills with ability to effectively present key concepts to senior leaders and internal partners, including Sales, Legal, and Finance/Underwriting.
• Ability to lead a team to support strategy development, competitive positioning, and differentiation within proposals to drive winning business.
• Ability to respond to rapidly changing direction and priorities across multiple projects while overseeing team efforts.
• Exercise quick decisions with precise judgment in responding to client/consultant demands while maintaining alignment with overall sales strategy.
Master's degree desired.
Bachelor's degree required.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website