THE JIST: The primary responsibility of this job is to prevent financial loss to the Company from theft and fraud. This role will use data analytics to identify loss and risk opportunities and develop and administer asset protection programs to protect Company assets.
• Use data analytics to identify internal and external potential for loss
• Develop and implement strategies to reduce or eliminate potential loss
• Support the effective rollout of loss prevention initiatives
• Train store managers on what to look for to prevent loss
• Monitor store execution of loss prevention programs and partner with store managers to resolve opportunities
• Conduct detailed business audits to identify exposure to margin erosion, policy breakdowns, systemic issues and shrink opportunities
• Create internal auditing system that detects and tracks areas to investigate
• Track overall results of asset protection programs
• Collaborate with business partners to solve problems and drive results
• Has discretion to make independent decisions in matters that may significantly impact the functional area
• Encounters problems with a mix of ambiguous and standardized solutions
• Must frequently choose between alternative options that consider the broad impact of the decision
• Prioritization of work is typically determined by the incumbent, with input and guidance from manager
• Has some authority to modify processes, interpret policies or recommend programs that will directly impact the functional area
• Short-term goals are typically set by the incumbent in close collaboration with the manager
• Short-term goals have a direct impact on long-term goals of the functional area and/or organization
• May coordinate tasks of others in similar roles or coordinates across functional areas, departments or with vendors
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) or equivalent (preferred)
• Minimum five years' experience in asset protection in a retail setting, preferably in the restaurant industry
• LPCertification, CFE or similar certification, a plus
• Data Analytics experience using exception-based reporting tools (XBRi or Aspect preferred)
• Ability to think strategically and assist in the development of an Asset Protection program
• Innovative, forward-thinking professional who doesn't mind digging into data and searching for potential loopholes and vulnerabilities
• Strong analytical skills
• Comprehensive understanding of restaurant/retail business acumen
• Solid understanding of risk and control concepts
• Ability to identify unusual trends and investigate cause
• Strong organizational and follow-up skills, including the ability to handle competing priorities and meet all deadlines and commitments
• Ability to effectively communicate in both written and verbal form with all levels of management
• Ability to discreetly handle confidential and sensitive matters
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Apply on company website