M10023: Fast Track KM (HiPo to full KM role)
WHAT IS A FAST TRACK KITCHEN MANAGER? As leaders of the Kitchen, Fast Track KMs are the culinary experts who keep our Kitchens in pristine operating conditions, direct all Banquet, Dish, and Prep activities, ensure Special Events offerings WOW our guests, and prepare to fully run your own kitchen within the next year. You get to select, coach, and motivate an elite group of BOH employees.
- Consistently meet or exceed the standard of food safety and food quality to insure the guest experience
- Hire, train, coach and develop team members. Maintains full responsibility for Banquets, Prep, and Dish departments. Complete team member evaluations, recommend pay adjustments, and make employment decisions for Banquet, Prep, and Dish team members
- Set schedules based on forecasted volume and special events scheduled. Monitor adjustments in special events bookings and adjust schedule as needed.
- Optimize financial results by controlling costs (i.e. food waste, food production)
- Oversee entire kitchen when scheduled as Kitchen Manager on duty, including troubleshooting, coaching, disciplinary actions, monitoring performance, and displaying the highest levels of leadership for all hourly team members. Ensures energy, teamwork, and morale remain high in order to provide an excellent guest experience.
- Set departmental goals for Banquet, Dish, and Prep. Provide significant input into departmental goals for mainline and other areas of KM responsibility
- Ensure the execution of Dave and Buster's operating standards and philosophies in the kitchen.
- Create and execute a game plan for the shift to include goals for ticket times, staff development and profitability
- Execute opening, pre-closing, and closing procedures according to the standard
- Manage the labor goals for the shift by working with BOH Managers cuts as volume dictates in order to maximize productivity
- Maintain a safe (physical plant and food hygiene) and secure environment for all team members
- Ensure the freshness of all food product through proper purchasing and product rotation
- Ensure the quality of all product to the guest through recipe adherence, quality control and ticket timelines
- Oversee the execution and administration of the MIT training program and team member hat program
- Conduct recipe and station validation daily
- Oversee the development of certified trainers in the kitchen
- Follow purchasing guidelines to insure overall financial accountability for product and supply inventory, etc.
- Complete all required paperwork in a timely and accurate manner
- Communicate regularly with team members using all available communications tools (i.e. one on ones)
- Communicate weekly with the Kitchen Manager and General Manager regarding progress on departmental goals and/or area of responsibility
- Complete projects in a timely manner
- Assist in the follow up on all changes to Dave and Buster's food products, kitchen systems, team member training and procedures
- Ensure the timely completion of all repairs to kitchen equipment and facility
- Work expo, verifying meals are correct when they leave the kitchen, ensuring food quality, and directly mainline cooks to make corrections where necessary
- Less than 20% of time is spent directly on the line
- Must be open to relocation across a wide geographic area within 6 months of hire.
LEGAL MAKES US SAY
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the team member will regularly be required to:
- Must be open to relocation as part of your career progression with Dave & Buster's. If at any time you are no longer able to relocate, it may impact your ability to stay in the AKM role.
- Work days, nights, and/or weekends as required.
- Work in noisy, fast paced environment with distracting conditions.
- Move about facility and stand for long periods of time.
- Read and write handwritten notes.
- Lift and carry up to 50-60 pounds.
- Must have regular and predictable attendance.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills.
OK, now that "Legal" is over, how could you not want to work here!
Apply on company website