Maintains, analyzes and presents financial statements for multiple units. Within this, the Operations Staff Accountant performs the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Performs audits of expense transactions to ensure accuracy and compliance with Company and GAAP guidelines.
• Verifies and posts details of business transactions.
• Reviews monthly and interim operating results for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with Company policies.
• Assists store personnel, multi-unit operators, and corporate personnel with accounting issues and research.
• Assists with operations initiatives that impact the store or region financial statements.
• Assists in identifying and implementing process improvements at stores and in corporate office.
• Performs account reconciliation and analysis on selected accounts. Reviews support for various expense and payment calculations.
• Assists in the testing and documentation of internal control procedures and assistance in fulfilling with information requests by external auditors, regulatory agencies, and management.
• Reconciles report discrepancies and problems.
• Conducts presentations of financial results to Operations and Management.
• Clearly and concisely articulates variance/shifts in trends and causes/solutions.
• Completes other projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Responsible for the following end-of-period items:
• Reviews end-of-period financial reports and analyzes data
• Prepares journal entries to maintain general ledger
• Reviews and responds to questions sent by the store management
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree in accounting.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Must have intermediate computer knowledge with a heavy emphasis on Excel.
• Non typical office environment. We have games in the lobby, a billiard table in the break room, Shuffleboard up front and we gather monthly to visit over “refreshments”
• We work hard, we play hard and we have FUN!
• And because we are so focused on guest service, the job also includes the ever popular "other duties as assigned".
Apply on company website