David Evans and Associates' Transportation Business Unit is looking for a Group Leader to manage our Roads and Highways Practice in California. The Group Leader is responsible for staff supervision, project delivery, assessing capabilities within the group, short and long-term group utilization and assisting with business development. This position also has a role as a Project Manager for regional projects and will be expected to coach and mentor staff.
- Delivery of technical work by the CA Roads and Highway team
- Ensuring project managers have the technical resources needed to deliver projects successfully
- Serve as project manager or task leader when needed
- Learning and implementing client standards and expectations
- Identifying incremental and/or new business development opportunities
- Provide inputs for scope, schedule, etc. on projects and reviewing cost proposals
- Accountable for performance management for group members and applicable administration approvals such as time off, timecards, expense reports, and training
- Recruitment and retention of staff
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- Licensed Professional Engineer in California
- 10+ years in transportation design with a focus on roadway, highway, transit, or bridge projects
- Project experience with southern California clients such as, CALTRANS, Metro, or City and County of Los Angeles
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off/Holiday Pay
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Flexible 9/80 (every other Friday off) work schedule
Transportation Jobs with DEA
The increasing complexities of modern transportation include growing demands, aging infrastructure, rising costs, funding challenges, and environmental concerns. Agencies and communities faced with improving their transportation systems must do more with less. From initial investigations through planning, concept development, final design, and construction, DEA responds with solutions that serve today's transportation needs while accommodating tomorrow's growth. Our Transportation Business Unit focuses on four markets; Bridges and Structures, Roads and Highways, Transit and Rail, and Construction Engineering.
Potential office locations include: Los Angeles, CA; Tustin, CA; Ontario, CA.
Apply on company website