DEA's Land Development team is currently hiring for a Professional Civil Engineer in our Ontario, CA office. The Professional Civil Engineer's role is to carry out individual tasks delegated to them by the Project Manager. This is a hands-on technical career-track position. The Professional Civil Engineer plans and conducts work requiring judgment regarding the independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria. Successful candidates should possess expertise in land development design, grading, drainage, water quality, streets, sewers, storm drain and utilities.
- Apply civil engineering principles to assigned projects, either as a team leader or functioning independently.
- Create a design plan and lead specification production on a wide variety of projects which include site layouts, horizontal and vertical control, grading and drainage, paving, site utilities, and associated civil engineering activities
- Lead the preparation of water quality reports and drainage studies inlcuding the associated hydraulic and hydrologic calculations.
- Perform calculations, specifications and proposal preparation, and permitting applications
- Schedule projects (understanding, creating, modifying, identifying the critical path), prepare and review cost estimates, and client coordination
- Execute complex assignments utilizing judgment in evaluation, selection, and modification of standard engineering techniques and procedures
- Devise new approaches to problems encountered
- Interface with clients and public agencies
- May supervise project staff with the ability to mentor junior staff
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years relevant design experience related to Land Development projects consisting of commercial, residential, public works, institutional, or industrial
- Demonstrated experience with AutoCAD or Civil 3D and Microsoft Office Suite
- Engineer-in-Training certification
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are necessary.
- Professional Engineering License in the United States
- 5 years of land development design experience
- 3 years of Civil 3D experience
- LEED AP Certification
- QSD Certification
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)/Holiday Pay
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Flexible 9/80 (every other Friday off) work schedule
Land Development Jobs with DEA:
Dave Evans built a successful professional services consulting firm based on his skill in designing residential communities. Since 1976, DEA has been recognized for preparing innovative designs that balance growth with environmental sensitivity. Today, our land development experts not only thoughtfully design residential communities, we find workable, creative solutions for complex land development projects, including industrial and transit-oriented development; commercial, retail, and entertainment projects; parks and recreation facilities; streetscapes; and master planned communities. DEA also excels at redevelopment. Converting blighted industrial areas into attractive mixed-use communities, mineral extraction sites into clean industry locations, and industrial waterfronts into gathering places are the kind of projects that speak to DEA's core purpose of improving the quality of life while demonstrating stewardship of the built and natural environments.
Apply on company website