DEA is currently recruiting a full-time Project Coordinator to support our ongoing work with a local transit agency. This position will be located in our Seattle, Washington office but will also work out of a local client office on a daily basis. The Project Coordinator would be responsible for a variety of project-specific duties including general office tasks in a fast-paced professional engineering firm. Duties would include the following:
- Support a client as an extension of their staff in both project coordination and public outreach tasks.
- Provide project coordination support for project teams, including administrative tasks, research & analysis, project tracking, issues and actions follow up, project status reporting and supporting presentations;
- Coordinating and scheduling project meetings, and preparing meeting agendas and minutes;
- Drafting written documents and PowerPoint presentations
- Setting up new project folders and overseeing the maintenance of project files;
- Corresponding with clients and subconsultants;
- Formatting and performing quality reviews of large and small documents such as reports, letters, memos, minutes, etc;
- Arrange meeting venues for client outreach activities and events;
- Transport supplies and materials for client outreach activities and events;
- Arrange production of and place signage and posters in the community for client outreach activities and events;
- Draft content for project newsletters, website, and other materials;
- Arrange for client webpage updates, newsletters, social media posts, graphics, printing, and other materials;
- Respond to and document calls and emails on behalf of the client from members of the public;
- Coordinating the production and distribution of deliverables;
- Assist in organizing and managing project budgets;
- Providing backup for other administrative staff.
- Two years of experience in office administrative and project-related duties.
- Basic skills in Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and SharePoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate and maintain effective working relationships across functions and at all levels.
- Experience multi-tasking and prioritizing competing requests.
- Experience coordinating and scheduling meetings for internal and external individuals, and/or public events.
- Customer service, public outreach, or marketing experience.
- Ability to work occasional evening and weekends and interface with the public one-on-one at client sponsored events.
- Report to work daily in Downtown Seattle
- A valid driver's license
- Previous experience in the architectural/engineering/construction industry or similar public agency.
- Experience interacting with the public one-on-one
- Advanced skills in Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Additional software skills in Access, PowerPoint, MS Project Windows Explorer, Adobe, or similar programs.
- Experience with graphic design, marketing, or public involvements document preparation.
- Project management training or experience.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holiday Pay
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
Transportation Jobs with DEA
The increasing complexities of modern transportation include growing demands, aging infrastructure, rising costs, funding challenges, and environmental concerns. Agencies and communities faced with improving their transportation systems must do more with less. From initial investigations through planning, concept development, final design, and construction, DEA responds with solutions that serve today's transportation needs while accommodating tomorrow's growth. Our Transportation Business Unit focuses on five markets; Bridges and Structures, Roads and Highways, Transit and Rail, Smart Mobility and Construction Engineering.
Apply on company website