DEA's Corporate Risk Management team is hiring for a Project Coordinator – Risk Management to work in our Portland, OR office.
General Duties: This role provides support to the risk management team by assisting with administrative duties involving the Company and its legal, risk management, and compliance requirements. It requires the Project Coordinator to maintain and organize files, communicate with outside attorneys, insurance brokers and other external business partners, provide administrative assistance to the General Counsel and the Manager of Contracts and Risk Management by scheduling and coordinating trainings, meetings and other risk management functions, along with excellent and prompt responses to DEA's internal business groups. The Project Coordinator must be highly organized and detail oriented, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. This position requires proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
Specific Duties: The specific duties of the Project Coordinator includes assistance and support of the Risk Management's core responsibilities:
- Contracting support: Maintain files and the coordination of internal publication of contract templates.
- Insurance assistance: Assist with insurance policy renewals, and maintaining the files for the company's insurance policies. Work with internal staff to resolve insurance certificate questions and issues as needed.
- Claims and litigation assistance: Assist with in-take and file set up on all claims and litigation including notices of litigation hold and reporting to insurance carriers. Tracking and maintaining claim and litigation files and reports. Assist with communications with outside attorneys and manage the coordination of document production efforts.
- Corporate legal support: Assist the General Counsel by maintaining and organizing all corporate and affiliated companies' minutes, resolutions, filings, and other company related documents. Assist with due diligence, tracking and maintaining documentation during corporate transactions.
- Training and educational support: Assist in the development, coordination, communication and tracking of all risk and ethics training and educational efforts.
- Compliance duties and responsibilities: Support the company's commitment to compliance and ethical business practices by assisting the risk management's team involvement with the company's ethics program and compliance policies.
- Other general administrative duties as needed:
- Five+ years' experience as a Legal Assistant/Paralegal, an assistant in a risk management department or within a contracts management group.
- Strong skills in Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint required.
- Detail oriented while working at a fast pass.
- Experience coordinating and scheduling meetings for internal and external individuals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience multi-tasking and prioritizing competing requests while working under deadlines and competing priorities.
- Experience in balancing the need for compliance while committed to giving excellent client service.
- Self-starter with the ability to take on new tasks and challenges.
- Previous experience in the architectural/engineering/construction industry.
- Experience working with litigation or other legal disciplines
- Experience working with insurance procurement, claims processing and insurance certificates.
- Experience with TimeMatters a plus.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off/Holiday Pay
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Flexible 9/80 (every other Friday off) work schedule
Apply on company website